• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Kysulinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, im noob or lol or....
Its working with instaling to the card and usb, but there is no easy guid for instaling on Wii. Its not starting enything automaticaly, i needed to instal the homebrew from other card befor start with this SD card. Then its some problems for noob to go thru the all those lines and know what to instal and what to instal first.

Kysulinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Where can i see the guid for instaling it on Wii or reed the quik guid for instalation? I hate to read much of the non nessasary info like "be shoure its formated correctly, iff u dont kno, open the My computer......."
Pls wana see the insert Card, put dirrectorys in it, pu card in wee, starting pres this and this, on line "sheet" pres run, after finish go instal the "aaa" after "bbb", use "cccc" to instal "ddd", instal "eee" and u are finisht.

Easy shouse:
Reed pirat dvd, play music and video.
Reed usb, HDD on usb
Boot image from HDD or usb other

Make same for all and u can make other optional.

Kysulinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yes, forgot:
I was trying to figurout what should be instaled first and what should i instal at all. So i install all, half is working and half not. most i need "usb loader" to run. Iff i set stick in wrong usb, the program runing and say to put in first one, then i try with first one, but its stuks and i cant do anything anymore. iff im in the menu where searching usb storage, then its write "OK!!!" and stop responding.

Kareem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
no one has ever bricked using ModMii, and there is no safer method (although there are probably other guides that are equally safe). One of the first steps of your modmii guide is to make a nand backup, that backup can be used to recover from any normal type of brick, although u may need to send it to someone like DeadlyFoez to repair it unless you have an older model wii, in which case recovery with bootmii installed to boot2 is very easy.

Assuming you're following a ModMii Wizard guide, the only risk of bricking is if you lose power during the installation of priiloader, your system menu IOS WAD, or a system menu WAD (which is often not even required to be installed). Basically, if u lose power at the exact wrong moment u can brick, but the total time where power failure may lead to brick is about 5-30 seconds (about 30 seconds only if a system menu WAD is being installed, which is only a part of your guide if you're starting on a system menu version of 4.0 or less). Even if this happens, you can recover your wii using your nand backup and some infectus modchip knowhow. And if you're wii is an older model, you can recover even if you don't have a nand backup or infectus.

The only way to protect against a semi-brick due to power loss is to get yourself a surge protector with battery backup. But as I said, even newer model wii's can be recovered as long as you have a nand backup.

if no one has bricked his wii using modmii,then probably your wad files in modmii seems to be safe to install. from where to you get these wad files? it seems these wad files are downloaded from nus but i am not sure about that nus can download wads that are safe to install. another question: how do i know the version of ios 80 that my wii is using?

mewiiwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I am a noob. soft moded my wii over a year ago and I'd like to upgrade to neek2o using this guide :http://www.wiihacks.com/submit-articles-tutorials/96162-neek2o-setup-installation-guide.html

Modmii errors.
It says downloading official sneak installer v0.7a
right after this it says some files required for the neek2o install are missing
hit any key to return to main menu.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm using windows 7 64bit.

sneek google code page is down:
https://code.google.com/p/sneek/

Code:
403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /p/sneek/ from this server. That’s all we know.

Not sure what's going on there, could be an accident, or maybe crediar shut down the site on purpose.

If you can find it hosted somewhere else, ModMii will work fine if you create a folder "temp\SNEEKInstallerv0.7a-cred" and save "SneekInstaller.exe" and all it's required dll's in that folder.

@Kareem,
The files from NUS are safe to use assuming you know what you're doing, if you download a stubbed system menu IOS from NUS and install it you can brick, but that won't happen if u are following any good guide like modmii. You can check what version of IOS80 you have installed using many tools, syscheck, mmm, wiimod, dop-mii, etc.

@Kysulinas,
Whoa, read your ModMii guides much much closer and u should be able to find your answers... to whatever it is you're asking. Maybe ask for some help from someone who's a little stronger with English

EDIT:
Looks like the sneek google code page is back up! YAY!

morgoth123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got an error "ModMii launcher stopped working" when I try to use ModMii.exe . ModMiiSkin.exe works fine but i would like to use the original classical interface including all options. How can I fix this and get ModMii working again as before? It has worked fine before so it must be something caused by a recent upgrade of ModMii.
I can add to this that when trying to use the GUI the process is way way slower than it was before when ModMii classical starts retrieving files.
I'm about to mod a Wii so would be nice if somene could answer this asap. Thanks!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@morgoth123,
ModMii hasn't been updated in awhile, so it's not due to a recent update, more likely its due to some recent changes to your windows installation. You can always run support\modmii.bat, it will work the same as modmii.exe except the window won't have an icon

@cobleman,
there should be, but u can always get those files when running the hackmii installer anyways, just tell it to prepare an sd card

morgoth123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks XFlak..the bat file works fine..I dont care about any icon. So all the ModMii launcher does is start a bat file? I didnt know that..Still weird it crashes now though because of a recent Windows update if all that is does is start a bat file. Nevertheless thank you for this excellent piece of software!

Jayanth

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, I am a noob.

I am going to get a new black wii next week which will have a motion plus built in controller. I do not have an old wiimote. So my question is, will the ModMii procedure work with a wiimote plus?

If not, I may be able to borrow a non-motion plus wiimote just for the softmodding part. So can I at least use the homebrew channel and a usb loader (cfg usb loader or wiiflow) using my wiimote plus? PLEASE HELP!

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

flaxxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
Configurable USB-Loader (Most recent Full 249 version): Found Version 70 (release)
WiiFlow (Most Recent Release): Not Updated[def]: Found Version 4.1.1
* 1 of 64 file(s) are Invalid, Missing or were Not Updated properly

Whoops... I'm guessing it's WiiFlow it's having a problem with. Everything else specifically listed as "Valid" in the log, save the USB loaders, and of those two only WiiFlow read "Not updated".

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wiiflow's meta.xml structure's changed slightly since the last time I checked. It's being downloaded properly, just isn't being verified correctly anymore. I've made the changes to modmii already so u'll see a small update whenever I get around to it. In the meantime it's fine to use what ModMii's downloaded for u

flaxxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for confirming that. I'll wait for the update as the verification failure dead-ends the GUI ("Click Next to Retry" loop) and I'd rather not mess things up by mucking around manually.

zbeast

Trying to Figure Out ModMii
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how to post and error using the program.
Followed every step and received no errors but did not let me load from usb drive. I the rand the system check and did the su function. It said I was missing 3 iso's and ran the fix. everything worked and got those 3 in but still can not load anything from usb. the system just locks up and I have to pull the plug and restart the system. Could someone point me in the right direction.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
did u follow the usb-loader set up part of the guide? If so, that means you should have confirmed your hard drive is compatible on the compatibility list and you should have formatted it properly according to ModMii's guide. Also, do you have the hard drive plugged into port 0 (i.e. the port nearest the edge of the unit)?

zbeast

Trying to Figure Out ModMii
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how to post and error using the program.
Followed every step and received no errors but did not let me load from usb drive. I the rand the system check and did the su function. It said I was missing 3 iso's and ran the fix. everything worked and got those 3 in but still can not load anything from usb. the system just locks up and I have to pull the plug and restart the system. Could someone point me in the right direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: E