Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if it has been mentioned already, but there seems to be a bug in version 5.2.1. When I go to download page 4 and type "dml" and press enter in order to choose what dml revision I want, there is an error with the Findstr command. The error occurs when updating ModMii through the programm itself, but also when downloading version 5.2.1 directly from the google code page. The error message says: "FINDSTR: Argument missing after /C" I have attached a screenshot:

ModMii521_DML_Error.png

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not getting that error at all, but either way the error is not a big deal, that findstr command is just looking to see which downloads are "Featured" here: http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-lite-source-project/downloads/list

I noticed that there are currently not any DML downloads marked as "Featured", so maybe a combination of that and your language settings is causing the error.

@DML team (if you're reading this), can you mark one of the DML downloads as "Featured" to see if LinkFan16's problem goes away? Or if you prefer I can remove the check for which downloads are featured, whatever you want :D

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='LinkFan16'], do you get the same error when choosen a rev of neek2o or neek? If not, your DML issue is definitely a result of there not being any featured downloads (in combination with your language settings) because the rev selector used for neek\neek2o is the same as the one used for DML, just slightly modifed. Please let me know. Thanks!

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@[member='LinkFan16'], do you get the same error when choosen a rev of neek2o or neek? If not, your DML issue is definitely a result of there not being any featured downloads (in combination with your language settings) because the rev selector used for neek\neek2o is the same as the one used for DML, just slightly modifed. Please let me know. Thanks!

When choosing a rev of neek2o or neek everything is fine. Would be nice to know if I'm the only one with this problem or if other people have the same issues.

Edit: I tried removing ModMii and all it's files completely and made a new and fresh install, but the problem's still there. It's weird because with neek and neek2o it's working. Also with ModMii 5.1.1 everything was fine. I will try reverting back to 5.1.1 and see if that solves the problem

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm fairly certain this issue is because of your language settings in conjuction with the fact that there are no "featured" versions of DML (as I said, I do not have this problem). If the DML team doesn't flag something as featured soon I'll drop them a PM about it, but I wouldn't waste too much of your time on this.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm fairly certain this issue is because of your language settings in conjuction with the fact that there are no "featured" versions of DML (as I said, I do not have this problem). If the DML team doesn't flag something as featured soon I'll drop them a PM about it, but I wouldn't waste too much of your time on this.

You're right, indeed there is no "featured" download on their google code repository. well I have no problem with doing it the manual way, I was just curious what could cause this issue, so thanks for shading some light on it.

alex.ap.pacman

Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
United States
why do it the manual way? You should still be able to use modmii, just ignore the "findstr" errors until one of the DML downloads gets "featured". You should still be able to select a rev of DML and build it using ModMii.

XFlak - I apologize for giving you such a hard time on your application. I'm just super paranoid about things like that. even if I am running a linux system impervious to most viruses :D

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States

You're right, indeed there is no "featured" download on their google code repository. well I have no problem with doing it the manual way, I was just curious what could cause this issue, so thanks for shading some light on it.
why do it the manual way? You should still be able to use modmii, just ignore the "findstr" errors until one of the DML downloads gets "featured". You should still be able to select a rev of DML and build it using ModMii.
r21 is now featured downloadwise. hope that helps.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok probably a stupid simple fix cuz I never had this problem before but, xFlak I recently built a new nand SM 4.1 Uneek+DI w/ModMii 5.2.1 and installed Priiloader on it, however whenever I try to setup the SM menu hacks it gives me this error "Can't find FAT:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND". I tried to troubleshoot this for a while removed NMM in case it was causing a problem just to try thing s out and d/loaded Prii v0.7 neek2o MOD installer and attempted to reinstall myself, I get the error "cIOS58 isn't es_identify patched: error -106., aborting mission".. so again I installed a patched IOS58 through ShowMiiWads to no avail? Is this user error on my part or is there something else going on that you can point out because I've been at this for 2 hours and it's not supposed to be so damn complicated!! lol I've done this many times before so I really don't have a clue where I might have gone wrong.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some neek2o versions (rev70 - 72) have an issue that probably also breaks the priiloader installer "running under neek2o" detection.
Try the latest neek2o version. The issue should be fixed with it.
I can't guarantee it will fix the hacks_hash.ini issue as well, but it should be a step in the right direction.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok probably a stupid simple fix cuz I never had this problem before but, xFlak I recently built a new nand SM 4.1 Uneek+DI w/ModMii 5.2.1 and installed Priiloader on it, however whenever I try to setup the SM menu hacks it gives me this error "Can't find FAT:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND". I tried to troubleshoot this for a while removed NMM in case it was causing a problem just to try thing s out and d/loaded Prii v0.7 neek2o MOD installer and attempted to reinstall myself, I get the error "cIOS58 isn't es_identify patched: error -106., aborting mission".. so again I installed a patched IOS58 through ShowMiiWads to no avail? Is this user error on my part or is there something else going on that you can point out because I've been at this for 2 hours and it's not supposed to be so damn complicated!! lol I've done this many times before so I really don't have a clue where I might have gone wrong.
Some neek2o versions (rev70 - 72) have an issue that probably also breaks the priiloader installer "running under neek2o" detection.
Try the latest neek2o version. The issue should be fixed with it.
I can't guarantee it will fix the hacks_hash.ini issue as well, but it should be a step in the right direction.
Thanks obcd. I'm going to update to rev75 and see if I can setup the priiloader hacks. I drove myself crazy and I should've known better and been a bit patient lol. I'll post the results here or would the neek2o thread be a better place?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The bug was discovered real fast as it also had an impact upon postloader.
Postloader uses uneek_usb_fs to launch homebrew from the usb drive under neek2o, and it probably also uses it to read it's configuration files from the ploader folder.
So, if you post here, it's fine. The item came up already in the postloader thread. If you confirm it works now, I will add a note in the neek2o thread as well.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
The bug was discovered real fast as it also had an impact upon postloader.
Postloader uses uneek_usb_fs to launch homebrew from the usb drive under neek2o, and it probably also uses it to read it's configuration files from the ploader folder.
So, if you post here, it's fine. The item came up already in the postloader thread. If you confirm it works now, I will add a note in the neek2o thread as well.

Ok, hacks work again, however it still gives me the "cIOS58 isn't es_identify patched: error -106., aborting mission" when I try to run the prilloader neek2o installer, the priiloader setup app works just fine though. So far I've tested the hacks I enabled so it's good to go as long as you install priiloader with ModMii. A manual install at this time seems to be out of the question, don't know if it's because of modmii enand builder but I attempted to install a patched IOS58 and it gave me the same error. Maybe I should try with a WAD manager rather then ShowMiiWads?

For the time being everything is working great for all my needs. It's amazing what you guys are capable of doing and thanks for everything that all of you do, I freaking love it.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What priiloader installer are you using? On our custom-di google svn, there is one that got modified to run on neek2o.
It's actually not expecting ios58 on your emulated nand, so maybe that is causing the issue. neek2o is incompatible with ios58,
and switches to another ios if it's selected. So, maybe you could try it on an emulated nand without that ios.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
What priiloader installer are you using? On our custom-di google svn, there is one that got modified to run on neek2o.
It's actually not expecting ios58 on your emulated nand, so maybe that is causing the issue. neek2o is incompatible with ios58,
and switches to another ios if it's selected. So, maybe you could try it on an emulated nand without that ios.
Odd because I'm using the Compatible priiloader 0.7 installer (priiloader_uneek2.rar) from your google code svn and somehow I'm getting that error. When I boot the app with PL I see the main screen of the installer for about 1 sec before I get that cIOS58 error, which I've never seen before. I'm going to re-d/load app and install on SD card and see how it works. Would it be a problem I'm using a 16g SanDisk Micro-SD card with adapter formatted to FAT32 64kb clusters for DML?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The 16gig sdhc card shouldn't be a problem.
The installer checks for the presence of neek2o and skips some steps needed for the real nand install if neek2o is found.
I have never tried it from within postloader and started from usb. If the problem stays persistent, I will check it out.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
The 16gig sdhc card shouldn't be a problem.
The installer checks for the presence of neek2o and skips some steps needed for the real nand install if neek2o is found.
I have never tried it from within postloader and started from usb. If the problem stays persistent, I will check it out.
Well I started it from within PL on SD card but I'll try USB as well. In any case ModMii installs priiloader on e-nands so it's definitely not a primary concern, just found it curious. Thanks for the feedback.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

ModMii for Windows
Version 5.5.0 Released!
by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Spanish ModMii Installer Here
Spanish version not updated yet, still at v5.1.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.8.2

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.
5.5.0 Changelog
  • Abstinence Wizard added to ModMii's main menu. You can use this Wizard
    to prepare the necessary files to load NEEK on any Wii even if it has
    not been modifed. In short, to avoid voiding your warranty (or for
    other reasons) if you choose to abstain from softmodding your Wii,
    you can still play your games off a USB HDD by using the Abstinence Wizard.
    The recent release of giantpune's 'Casper' (available on ModMii's
    Download Page 2) is what made this wizard possible. Thanks giantpune!
  • Updated WiiFlow on ModMii's Download Page 2. It is now an autoupdating
    download that will grab the most recent release of FIX94's feature rich
    and very stable and Mod of WiiFlow.
  • Other minor changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch