Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It makes no difference what serial # u use :D
I thought that the Wii remote was registered based on the serial number. :huh:

Of course, I always have to re-register remotes after exiting an emu nand, even if I use the same setting.txt file.

Btw, I miss your smooth humping action avatar. :P

noscratches

Trophies
XP
Country
:toot: very happy children here!

Wii Disks got hidden months ago as first Brawl and then Animal Hospital started to show signs of the usual wear and tear (and worse). I had even had to track down a replacement DVD drive, as my youngest had decided to try and feed wii a second disk (hence really deep scratches in brawl and broken clutch in Wii DVD), but that hardware swap seemed simplicity itself compared to making softmodding work completely reliably.

I didn't track down Modmii initially, and the softmodded setup I had worked in an off-and-on kind of way, and the DVDs were safe at last as I'd also discovered Wiimc and routed a wired network to allow us to read media hidding on the samba (smb) shares on my home network (even though we now have a blueray player and DNLA, wiimc is easier to use!).

Anyway, too many games were just hanging when run from usbloader. Oddly enough re-ripping them to the wbfs partition sorted it sometimes, but after a few plays we'd be back to square one. First bash with Modmii hadn't really changed anything, but that time I just used it to force an update for the SD card that I'd so carefully built up to then. So, I got fed up with all the glitching and threw caution to the wind and dedicated the evening to ditching both the SD card content and the Hard drive layout I had before - and trusted the whole nine yards of the script ModMii carefully prepared for me.

And it JUST WORKS. I freely confess to not understanding the differences between what I have now and what I had before. I do suspect that having both Configurable USBLoader and Usbloader GX may have been part of my woes. What matters is that it now works. No need for an SD card since completing that phase of the modding work. My 1TB Buffalo now formatted to a small FAT32 for the wii bits and a nice big NTFS for games and anything else I want to put on it. Was cautious to start with and ripped to FAT32, but after the first batch was moved across to NTFS (simple explorer file copy!) and it worked, I decided to give ripping to NTFS a go, and so far 100% success rate. I had read that NTFS could be problematic still, but obviously there are some very clever people who have been working on that before and since those posts - it works reliably for me.

Probably didn't really have to junk everything I had before, but working thorough the ModMii recipe at least gives me a great baseline that I now have confidence in.

Thank you very much to all who have dedicated time and effort into making these things work.

Elvis56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on the new horizontal Wii models? I did not even know they were out already but a friend brought one today for me to mod but I didn't open the package yet as I suspect this will have new copy protection(and of course missing gamecube ports etc.)

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Wha? I think you're the first one to post about one of those models here...

Well, ModMii doesn't need gamecube slots. Set it up as you would a normal Wii and see if it works. You're the first tester of our hacks on that Wii.

Elvis56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Wha? I think you're the first one to post about one of those models here...

Well, ModMii doesn't need gamecube slots. Set it up as you would a normal Wii and see if it works. You're the first tester of our hacks on that Wii.

Yes I was very surprised to see the new model. I will check if the box has any seals. If not I will open it. If it does have seals I will tell the people to return it to the shop saying they have gamecube games and/or dancemat controllers. Update in a few mins.

UPDATE: Well no seals on the box but I did not unpack it yet as it is not my Wii. I did however take some pictures.

UPDATE 2: This wii was bought on october 7 at Mediamarkt in Holland and as in the announcements said it is a horizontal model and as far as I can tell it is missing the gamecube ports. Official name seems to be Wii family edition.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:137]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:138]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:139]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:140]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:141]

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I think ModMii has a problem with converting Gamecube games into DiscEX format.

So far, I've only tried Super Mario Sunshine, and the size of the folder created for SNEEK+DI and DML is not the same as the size of the ISO used to create the folder.

Why? Does it shrink the game? If it does, it appears to break audio streaming games, like SMS...
frown.gif

Are there any other utilities for converting to DiscEX?

EDIT: Using Crediar's DiscEX utility lets the game boot with minor audio errors, but after the opening with the airplane, the game appears to freeze or something. Maybe I should just leave it to load? Perhaps it has a long loading time? If anyone has tested and gotten Super Mario Sunshine working on SNEEK+DI with DML, please post here or PM me! Please!
For GameCube games? WTF? Is this for loading them from SD?

Elvis56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So far, I've only tried Super Mario Sunshine, and the size of the folder created for SNEEK+DI and DML is not the same as the size of the ISO used to create the folder.

Why? Does it shrink the game? If it does, it appears to break audio streaming games, like SMS...
frown.gif

EDIT: Using Crediar's DiscEX utility lets the game boot with minor audio errors, but after the opening with the airplane, the game appears to freeze or something. Maybe I should just leave it to load? Perhaps it has a long loading time? If anyone has tested and gotten Super Mario Sunshine working on SNEEK+DI with DML, please post here or PM me! Please!

That part caught my attention as well. As far as i can tell it should/could work in SNEEK format but there's not a lot of information on that subject it seems.
Update: no idea how recent this list is but it seems to be a bit hit & miss: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List

Keywords to search for are dios mios, neek, uneek sneek and gamecube it seems.

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've used ModMii to do my Wii (it was a lower system menu version) but just used ModMii to do a friend of mine and he had 4.3 so I was forced to use the Letterbomb which I didnt have to before. All seemed to be working fine, I went through the guide and got through the Wad Manager and it all loaded fine. After that step I assumed I was finished, right? And I reset the Wii. However, nothing came up with the SD card in.The Bootmii worked fine when I had to backup the NAND but now it doesn't come up. If I take the SD card out, it loads the Wii and shows the Homebrew Channel and USB Loader shows up in the channels. But when I select the Homebrew Channel nothing shows up. And again, the Wii doesn't boot with the SD card in but it will boot without it.

Any clues? The SD is a 4 gig. Is that an issue? Should it only be a 2 gig?

Help me!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe an incompatible SD card? Some of them don't work right on the Wii.
If you have any other SD cards, see if they work.

Although you say the homebrew channel doesn't start up even when you don't have an sd card in the wii? That doesn't sound right. You may want to try re-installing the HBC and Bootmii to see if that fixes the problem. To do that just use letterbomb (or priiloader if it is installed and you know how to do it) to load the hackmii installer and reinstall them.

Also, I am assuming bootmii was installed as boot2, because if it wasn't, then it must be something else preventing the wii from starting up with the SD card in it.

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I redid Letterbomb and reinstalled the Homebrew Channel AND BootMii. And now it boots with the SD card in but it doesn't boot to Bootmii just straight to the Wii Menu. But USB Loader seems to work and the Homebrew Channel loads up so I think it's fine now.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

frown.gif

That part caught my attention as well. As far as i can tell it should/could work in SNEEK format but there's not a lot of information on that subject it seems.
Update: no idea how recent this list is but it seems to be a bit hit & miss: http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

Super Mario Sunshine (u) loads and works fine on BootMii as Boot2, but not as IOS.

Also, I have loaded a few gamecube games already, Soul Caliber 2 being one of them.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country

frown.gif

Update: no idea how recent this list is but it seems to be a bit hit & miss: http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

frown.gif

Yes I have found too that ModMii has a problem with converting Gamecube games into DiscEX format. Crediar's DiscEx is working fine. Super Mario sunshine is working fine with Crediar"s. I would like to shrink it too with Crediars but don't know how to do that.

darkwen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I need "cIOS249[56]-v21[EHCI-v19].wad" for repair lag controller on Rock Band 3 but modmii don't create wad on folder "copy to sd".

I follow this instructions:
Instructions for building cIOS249[56]-v21 with fixed lag:

• Download and unzip ModMii4.4.5B-BETA
    • Replace "modules\W19Modules\EHCI.app" with mine.
    • Launch ModMii4.4.5B-BETA
    • Choose download page 4
    • Select 249BETA
    • Enter D to download the wad
    • Ignore the warning message
Can anyone send me the wad or help me?? Thanks!!

Tacoaru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I had tried to mod my Wii many months ago with no success. However, with the release of Letterbomb, I thought I'd give it another try.
I'm able to launch Letterbomb which takes me to the HackMii installer but gives me the "no vulnerable IOS" message. I run Modmii again and select the HackMii solutions option, copy everything onto the SD card and re-launch. According to the generated guide, I install these mods:
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS58v6176

All patch successfully except for IOS30v16174, which gives the message "Ticket (-2011)"
Any ideas on how to rectify this or am I still out of luck? haha
Thanks in advance

Tacoaru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, even without installing IOS30 I still get the "no vulnerable IOS" message. It's the same point I couldn't get past many months ago =/
Oh and some additional info. Before I stopped last time, I did do an official update back to 4.3U (can't remember if that resets all the IOS back to their previous versions)
Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop looking at my hooked pp
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my bad, blame it on lack of lube
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Barrels of lube
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    still busy hackin' ps4?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the damn script would work it'd be nice
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    maybe it's the incompatible model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's because I have a arch64 model tv it's just normal ps4 bs
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, the JB does not activate instantly, because it relies on a flaw showing up in a process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm on a older 6.72, still kinda tempted to upgrade, maybe a 9.00
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i probably cant go higher than 9.00 becus i have the CUH-22XX model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep getting stuck on waiting for padi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around