Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WTDShadow said:
It worked
biggrin.gif
. I ran the modmii cleaner, and it said "no unnecessary files." But now that I'm done, can't I delete boot.elf, bootmini.elf, Download Log,mmmconfig, and the mmm file in the apps folder? BTW, I voted that it worked
smile.gif
Yes u can delete those, but they weren't flagged by ModMii for deletion because only potentially dangerous files are deleted (ie. dangerous if u don't know how to use them properly)

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Did you save settings after enabling them?
Yep. Turns out it takes about ten seconds for Priiloader to load, I had to hold reset that long before it showed up. So I can get back to the System Menu now, but JoyFlow still doesn't load, and I could never load anything from the SNEEK/Disc Channel anyway, so I still can't tell which one it is.

Fantomex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I just modded my first Wii using this program. Very pleased.

One question, if anyone knows... now that my Wii is modded, is the region lock removed? What steps do I need to take in order to play an EU game on my US Wii?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantomex said:
One question, if anyone knows... now that my Wii is modded, is the region lock removed? What steps do I need to take in order to play an EU game on my US Wii?
via disc channel: use priiloader hack (Region free everything)
via USB/NeoGamma: use loader settings....

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
JoostinOnline said:
Yep. Turns out it takes about ten seconds for Priiloader to load, I had to hold reset that long before it showed up. So I can get back to the System Menu now, but JoyFlow still doesn't load, and I could never load anything from the SNEEK/Disc Channel anyway, so I still can't tell which one it is.
Oh, when you said they didn't work to begin with, I thought you meant they didn't work on your regular NAND or in SNEEK.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
UndeadSquirrel said:
JoostinOnline said:
Oh, when you said they didn't work to begin with, I thought you meant they didn't work on your regular NAND or in SNEEK.
No, I meant that a couple of the hacks (like the "No music or sounds in System Menu" one) never worked at all, in real NAND or SNEEK, and a couple more (like the "skip Health/'Press A' screen" hack) don't work in SNEEK in addition to those others.

Tried replacing the JF and SNEEK files with older versions, and I still can't get them to load. Seems like most of the time I boot the Wii the screen stays black, and it seems to fail to load the System Menu. Homebrew Filter and other apps don't load either, now. WTF.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
Fantomex said:
via disc channel: use priiloader hack (Region free everything)
via USB/NeoGamma: use loader settings....

Don't you also need a component cable? Don't quote me on it!

Barbanera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
what version of the ModMii Installer are u using? 2.6?

Hi, sorry for the late reply (assuming it was indeed a reply to my post!).

I am using 2.6 installer, yes.

I gave up installing from my desktop when I noticed that ModMii is working
correctly from my laptop, connected to the same router with another cable.

They both have Kaspersky Pure installed, but the laptop is using Windows 7 32 bit
vs 64 bit in the desktop.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Barbanera said:
XFlak said:
what version of the ModMii Installer are u using? 2.6?

Hi, sorry for the late reply (assuming it was indeed a reply to my post!).

I am using 2.6 installer, yes.

I gave up installing from my desktop when I noticed that ModMii is working
correctly from my laptop, connected to the same router with another cable.

They both have Kaspersky Pure installed, but the laptop is using Windows 7 32 bit
vs 64 bit in the desktop.

the 64 bit is the problem for its program installations it uses wow64

this means any 32 bit program installed on the system is in another subfolder than usual on a 32 bit system

i had the same problem

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the majority of my OSs are 64-bit, and I've never had a problem. And ModMii doesn't install to c:\program files, instead it installs to c:\ModMii (this is so admin right are not required when running ModMii)

if u can provide more details, I might be able to make it more compatible for you and others in similar situations. Thx.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it's something I'm going to look into once I have everything else on my to do list finished... almost there (and almost ready for an update
tongue.gif
)

but if u have a good method of adding a gui front end to batch files I'd love to see an example so I can learn from it, thx!

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
it's something I'm going to look into once I have everything else on my to do list finished... almost there (and almost ready for an update
tongue.gif
)

but if u have a good method of adding a gui front end to batch files I'd love to see an example so I can learn from it, thx!

I will create some examples
CODE#include
#include
#include
#include
#include

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 200, 150, -1, -1)
$InputID = GUICtrlCreateInput("WDMP", 64, 16, 89, 21, BitOR($ES_CENTER, $ES_UPPERCASE, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL))
$LabelID = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ID:", 16, 16, 18, 17)
$Download = GUICtrlCreateButton("Download", 16, 80, 81, 33, $WS_GROUP)
$InputVersion = GUICtrlCreateInput("*", 64, 45, 89, 21, BitOR($ES_CENTER, $ES_UPPERCASE, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL))
$LabelVersion = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Version:", 16, 47, 42, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit

Case $Download
$iID = GUICtrlRead($InputID)
$iVer = GUICtrlRead($InputVersion)
Local $nusd = Run(@ScriptDir & '\nusd.exe ' & $iID & ' ' & $iVer, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $LINEsplit = ""
Local $OUTsplit = ""
While 1
Sleep(1)
$LINEsplit = StdoutRead($nusd)
If @error Then ExitLoop
$OUTsplit &= $LINEsplit
WEnd

MsgBox(0, "", $OUTsplit)
EndSwitch
WEnd

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ModMii for Windows it is really great app, it would be easier for some users when you create a GUI!
I'll be glad when I create the GUI. It's your call.
Hm.. I do not know about this one; yes ModMii is a near perfect app for window users however I do not think a GUI would be easier to follow, and only add confusion among individuals... Just like CFG, I wish they would release a theme or something with just the text menus again cause sometimes the GUI gets in my way.....

Then again I would have to see how it's done since not everything with a GUI is hideous thing.

Barbanera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
the majority of my OSs are 64-bit, and I've never had a problem. And ModMii doesn't install to c:\program files, instead it installs to c:\ModMii (this is so admin right are not required when running ModMii)

if u can provide more details, I might be able to make it more compatible for you and others in similar situations. Thx.

The desktop (64 bit) and the laptop (32 bit) are both connected to the same router via ethernet cable.

I installed ModMii on the laptop time ago (maybe 3 months) and it installed/run ok (I also had the NUS downloader
running fine on it before). Then I got some trojan warning from Kasperky Pure and moved it to unsafe or quarantine,
don't remember exactly. However, when I tried the other day ModMii was working ok, even with Kasperky Pure on.

On the desktop, instead, the installer fails. I tried pausing Kaspersky protection and it still fails.

Only difference I can think off is indeed 64 vs 32. Also, Italian (the desktop) vs English.

Not sure exactly what else to say that would be relevant. Maybe having a log of exactly what fails in the
installation would help, but is there a log produced anywhere?

There is a first shell window that opens, and tries some HTTP connection as far as I can read, then closes, another one
opens and it closes too fast to read where it finally fails.

I am sorry if in the ends this all turns out to be related to some firewall problem, but it seems to fail with all firewalls/
antivirus paused as well.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak I've used ModMii before on virgin systems, but now I want to redo my system so it has the new iso's and everything, but will it change my chanels that are installed and my priiloader settings?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sacohen9665 said:
XFlak I've used ModMii before on virgin systems, but now I want to redo my system so it has the new iso's and everything, but will it change my chanels that are installed and my priiloader settings?
All your channels should stay the same, however, you will lose priiloader if you update your system menu (if you are on 4.1+ don't bother updating your system menu), but you can just re-install it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh