Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
all the settings you've told me so far are as they should be, this is very weird... i'm guessing it's a random/bad priiloader installation. Try reinstalling priiloader... but don't uninstall it... because unless u have bootmii @ boot2, there may be no other way to access your system menu without priiloader given your current situation.

If it makes u feel any better, I think u've done everything right and just had some bad luck (of course I could be mistaken, after all I don't know all the details of your situation)... worst case scenario, u can always restore your nand backup and resoftmod.

if anyone else out there has any ideas why he can only access the system menu if he boots to priiloader first, please speak up!

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i tried to reinstall priloader i got this error
ES_Identity failed,error 4294966279.ios58 not patched with ES_DIVerify?using cios(holding b aand then pressing + or - will probably solve this.NOTE :you need cios for this.Do you wish to continue?
a=yes b=no home/start=exit.

I really dont know what im doing,i figured i could follow a guide but im a little confused now.

I just tried to boot with sd card in wii and it worked with just the power button.(3 times in a row)
sd card just has aktn deleted.

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok installed priloader like it said in the guide.it still wont boot with out sd with just power button.
havnt slept all night(didnt mean to not follow the guide)i think ima crash since im starting to make mistakes.
Thx for the help xflak hopefully i get it working(at least it boots with sd card)

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It boots up fine without hdd connected.
And with hdd connected with sd card.
I'm guessing since cfg usb loader is not on the list in homebrew channel with the sd card in the wii that i was simply bypassing the bad hdd.
I didn't know a bad hdd could bug the entire system like that.
I was having a prob getting my computer to pick up the hdd at first and now it wont pick it up again so that must be it .
Thx again for the help.

bzie

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Excellent DIY guide to mod.... upgraded my 3.2u to 4.1 smoothly. Thanks. Keep up the excellent work, Xflak.

raptorking

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

Sorry to put my first post in here.... BUT i had a problem with the download "see picture below" im ruining Net Framework 4 after failing with 3.5 also i tried turning of the firewall/nod32 to see if that was the issue but no good....

33762_447638395479_795560479_5170174_4649824_n.jpg

Please advise
bow.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
raptorking said:
Hi all

Sorry to put my first post in here.... BUT i had a problem with the download "see picture below" im ruining Net Framework 4 after failing with 3.5 also i tried turning of the firewall/nod32 to see if that was the issue but no good....

Please advise
bow.gif
Make what it's telling you, re-download modmii, delete the old modmii folder and try it with the newest one again! Make sure you extract EVERYTHING from the ModMii4.2.9.zip.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.3.0 Released!

by XFlak

2drswas.jpg

4.3.0 Changelog
  • Can now build wads for Wanin's cIOS rev20 with IOS56 and IOS38 bases.
    Recommended cIOS249/250 changed from cIOS249[57]-v19 and cIOS250[37]-v19
    to cIOS249[56]-v20 and cIOS250[38]-v20.
  • SNEEK Game Bulk Extractor now checks if enough free space exists in
    the destination folder before beginning the extraction process.
  • Updated Pros and Cons of USB-Loader Options.
  • Removed cIOS202[38]-v5 and cIOS202[37]-v5 from Download Page 2.
    These files can still be downloaded/created by selecting their cIOS222/223
    counterparts from the advanced download page and changing their slots to 202.
  • Other minor Changes.

raptorking

Trophies
XP
Country
All sorted Cheers.

Ok
blush.gif
not got the disc yet so was waiting "defcon sit on ya arse" 4.2.9.........good timing or what!!!! now i know what im doing,,,hangs head in shame. shall try this one instead and hope it goes with out a hitch...

Thanx for the work your putting in,much appreciated.

applemaster9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Modmii to mod Wiis ever since I found out about it, and I just wish I'd had when I modded my Wii the first time. One minor request: could you add the "Enable Bannerbomb v2" hack for 4.3 in hacks.ini? It only exists for 4.3U and 4.3E AFAIK.

Code:
[Enable Bannerbomb v2]
version=513
offset=0x81529BE0,0x81529C40
value=0x48000040,0x48000040

[Enable Bannerbomb v2]
version=514
offset=0x81529CDC,0x81529D3C
value=0x48000040,0x48000040

mayonaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question? If I wanted to updated my IOS but keep my wii on version 4.2u Would this program change everything Ive modded on my wii? Or just update my ios? Will I loose my USB loader gx and games on HDD, wiiware / VC games? Just want to make sure my ios are ok but want everything to saty the same on my wii? Thanks for any help

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
A friend is trying to follow this guide, however he keeps getting a DSI error when pressing 1.. no matter how long he waits..
Is there another way to install IOS 236? do we need it?

If he does the IOS236 installer through MMM it says the IOS may not be vulnerable for an unknown reason. ??

nevermind... it just worked... somehow..

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mayonaze said:
Question? If I wanted to updated my IOS but keep my wii on version 4.2u Would this program change everything Ive modded on my wii? Or just update my ios? Will I loose my USB loader gx and games on HDD, wiiware / VC games? Just want to make sure my ios are ok but want everything to saty the same on my wii? Thanks for any help
it will not change any of that other stuff, just tell the modmii wizard that ur starting and ending on 4.2U

mayonaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply! So do you always choose that your wii is a virgin. Or in my case do I choose that my wii is allready modded? Will everything currently on my sd still be there? Or do I need to start with a new sd card? Thanks again

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to say thx for great program and the help.My wii runs perfectly but im still having probs with the hdd.The wii will not boot with hdd connected unless i unplug the hdd power and plug it back in.(but the wii freezes sometimes)
I realized my problem (ater losing wii signal and game freezing 1 time after reformat)was that i didnt deactivate spindown .My question is do i need to reformat again after the game freezing like that or am i having the same
probs due to a incompatible hdd or did i mess up the hdd?
1tb my book essential usb 2.0 +3.0 (WDBACW0010HBK-NESN)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@mayo, answering that ur Wii is a virgin when its not is the same as saying u want to update your HBC, BootMii, cIOSs and Priiloader. If u were to say that ur wii is not a virgin, then say yes to all the questions related to the hackmii installer, cios's and priiloader then the output will be the same. So basically, unless u know for a fact u can skip a step, then u should always answer ur wii is a virgin. I think in the next update I will make this more obvious

@fireitup420, dude... I've never heard of that problem in my life... unless u have priiloader installed and told it to boot from file, the Wii should not even recognize your hard drive is plugged in before at least reaching the system menu. I guess your hard drive is pretty f*cked and for some reason it is spitting out random signals that is interfering with the boot process (kind of like a PS3 jailbreak... except ur HDD is causing problems) ... this is all speculation, but to me it sounds like ur HDD is totally fucked. See if u can exchange it (just tell them u want another model and that's why ur exchanging it, if u tell them there is a problem with it, they'll give u a harder time).

ooooooooooh, I just had an idea that will probably serve as a workaround for u. See if when your Wii is totally powered off (to red) does it start up okay with the HDD plugged in? I suspect it should work because u should have already reached the system menu before the drive is initialized *fingers crossed*. If this works, force ur wii to always shut down to red in Priiloader's settings (I think its called ignore standby or something), then u wont have to constantly be take out and plugging in ur HDD all the time. Note that if u power down ur Wii while in homebrew it will still shut down to yellow, the priiloader setting only applies to nintendo functions, like powering down during the Wii Menu or a Wii Game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...