Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

bbalcrazy92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everything works great just one little problem xP. i put the COPY_TO_SD folder in the root of my sd card, but when i go to the HBC i can't find anything that was added. The modmii guide tells me to first look for IOS236 and launch it, but that's not in my list of apps in the HBC

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bbalcrazy92 said:
hey everything works great just one little problem xP. i put the COPY_TO_SD folder in the root of my sd card, but when i go to the HBC i can't find anything that was added. The modmii guide tells me to first look for IOS236 and launch it, but that's not in my list of apps in the HBC
You copy the contents of that folder, not the folder itself.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL now that I think about it If were a newbie I would have done the same mistake as that guy. Maybe instead of COPY_TO_SD the folder should be renamed to COPY_THE_CONTENTS_OF_THIS_FOLDER_TO_THE_ROOT_OF_YOUR_SD. I know it might sound too exaggerated but maybe it can help those newbies that had committed the same mistake as the above guy and come here saying I did EXACTLY(even copying the entire folder to the SD root) as MODMII instructed me and it didn't work.

manic_34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Thanks Xflak for this easy to understand modding tool. I am trying to mod my 4.3E virgin Wii and am having a couple of problems. I am using Modmii on a virtual PC on my Mac and the program seems to be running fine until it tries to download my selections. It is reporting errors that it has tried multiple times to download each item and the skips each download. I have checked my internet connection on my virtual PC and it is connecting ok. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where I am going wrong. Many thanks in advance for your help.
smile.gif

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Burton said:
LOL now that I think about it If were a newbie I would have done the same mistake as that guy. Maybe instead of COPY_TO_SD the folder should be renamed to COPY_THE_CONTENTS_OF_THIS_FOLDER_TO_THE_ROOT_OF_YOUR_SD. I know it might sound too exaggerated but maybe it can help those newbies that had committed the same mistake as the above guy and come here saying I did EXACTLY(even copying the entire folder to the SD root) as MODMII instructed me and it didn't work.
Surely if they do not realise how an SD card is supposed to be set up to work with the HBC then they probably shouldn't be playing with their wii's internals
ohmy.gif
They have to figure out something themselves. This does go down as one of the most laughable problems I've heard though
biggrin.gif

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ and believe it, this happens a lot. This is the fourth person I've heard saying this. The first three person PM me for help with this silly matter.

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 1tb my book essential usb 2.0 +3.0 (WDBACW0010HBK-NESN)for my computer but i want to use it for my wii.Does any 1 know if it will work with a full 1 tb partition as fat32 with modmii and if it turns on/off with the wii?
I want to find out before i format it and get rid of the software,I might just use it for my computer and get a wd elements 1tb hard drive for my wii.I looked at the hard drive compatibility list but this newer model is not on the list.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if its WD, I think the chances of it working are very high

I would recommend backup up the data on it before formatting it to FAT32, that way, if it doesn't work, u can just reformat it back to NTFS and copy the data back on and it will be as if nothing changed on the drive.

ps. It's almost a waste to use a drive that has usb 3.0 for the Wii, you will only be able to take advantage of the faster speeds when its plugged into a PC with usb 3.0 (which the Wii obviously doesn't have)

manic_34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Can someone help me please ( I have a dumbass noob question ! )

I have run modmii and downloaded all of the files onto a 4gb SDHC card as that was all I had available at the time.

Have completed level 1 on Indiana, copied in the pwns file and followed the instructions. When the installer tries to start I got an error message ' no sd card present '
' no code found to load, hanging '

I thought this may have been because I used an SDHC card so I copied all the files over onto a 1gb micro SD card and tried that with an SD adaptor and I get the same result.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

P.S - Love the Modmii tool, its brilliant.

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my wii 4.2-4.2 ,extra brick protection and fat32 usb harddrive .Everything was going well, i played a few games no prob . I loaded a pal game and played and when i quit the game the wii stopped sending a signal to my tv.
Now when i turn it on im not getting a signal.I turned on region free everything like the guide said.I did every thing as the guide said only thing i did that i can think of is after doing the nand backup when it said press any button to exit it froze so i turned off the wii and went on to the next step because it finished 100% and i didnt think i had to do it again.

So..........did i break it?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fireitup420 said:
I modded my wii 4.2-4.2 ,extra brick protection and fat32 usb harddrive .Everything was going well, i played a few games no prob . I loaded a pal game and played and when i quit the game the wii stopped sending a signal to my tv.
Now when i turn it on im not getting a signal.I turned on region free everything like the guide said.I did every thing as the guide said only thing i did that i can think of is after doing the nand backup when it said press any button to exit it froze so i turned off the wii and went on to the next step because it finished 100% and i didnt think i had to do it again.

So..........did i break it?
So you are saying that right now if you turn your wii on it won't send a signal to your TV?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It doesn't make sense for that to happen just by playing a PAL game. Double check your priiloader settings and hacks, there are some hacks that force a blackscreen at startup, make sure u don't accidentally have those enabled (bottom 3 hacks).

Double check your connections... heck I would even try another TV and see if that works.

fireitup420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can start it up from system menu in priloader but it still wont work if i just use the power button.I don't know what to do this is my 1st modded wii.
Bottom 3 hacks are disabled.
It finally turned on with just the power button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one