Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bluebowser31 said:
the autodownloar is still downloading 12/18, hermes cios v5 installer, for more than 10 mins, with just a blinking cursor there... is it safe to stop and retry?

yes, it sometimes does that for me, think its due the the .net updates or a bug in the nusd.exe but you will know if it works because it shouldnt take more than 15mins for a full SM with all IOS's, channels, apps and extras which is about 49 files

oh this only seems to happen 1/10 times if that

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've had it happen to me a couple times... but literally only once or twice out of the thousands of times i've used nusad to DL files

if this happens, u can just exit the app, and repeat the exact same download, and duplicate downloads will be skipped... in other words, you can pick up where you left off

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
I was wondering if i have all the correct files in the root to mod a 4.2 wii? Here is the image:

untitled.GIF

Also, i was wondering if i need to download for example, the mii channel, if it is already there?

Thanks in advance,
DanWeb

Sorry for my n00byness

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is not enough info in that screengrab.

Need to see the contents of many other folders as well, besides root.

If you have answered all the relevant questions, and allowed the download to complete, you should be good to go though.

superbo3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm ive tried downloading all the files 4 times not each time 2 files are "changed"

yawmm (thats ok i guess)
ios61-64-v5405.wad

im kinda worried that an ios doesnt match

so what do i do?

im trying to do a virgin wii 4.1e to 4.2

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good guide!
biggrin.gif

I'm going to download some crap from it. (the channel stuff, my forecast channel aways freezes for some reason)

Edit: I keep downloading stuff but it fails to complete. If I download 8 things, it stops when it says 2 of 8 >.>
Also, sometimes I download things and it says it's downloaded but after I searched my computer, I still couldn't find it. :\

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
danweb said:
okay, but do i need to download the, for example, mii channel if i already have it on my virgin wii?No, just download any channels u are missing or want to update.
superbo3 said:
hmm ive tried downloading all the files 4 times not each time 2 files are "changed"

yawmm (thats ok i guess)
ios61-64-v5405.wad

im kinda worried that an ios doesnt match

so what do i do?

im trying to do a virgin wii 4.1e to 4.2 YAWMM should be different because its recently been updated, but it should be fine. IOS61 should not be different, browse your COPY_TO_SD/WAD folder and delete that IOS61, then retry downloading it, the hash check should match, some random error must've occured for it not to match (I just double checked downloading IOS61 and confirmed that it says it's not changed)QUOTE(darkranboria @ May 25 2010, 02:09 AM)
Good guide!
biggrin.gif

I'm going to download some crap from it. (the channel stuff, my forecast channel aways freezes for some reason)

Edit: I keep downloading stuff but it fails to complete. If I download 8 things, it stops when it says 2 of 8 >.>
Also, sometimes I download things and it says it's downloaded but after I searched my computer, I still couldn't find it. :\
very weird problem... did u change the drive letter? It sounds like u may have screwed that up, if this is messed up, the app could be trying to save things to a place that doesn't exist, which would explain all your problems. Does your PC or SD Card have enough free space? Are you connected to the internet? Is your firewall blocking NUSAD? If u continue to experience weird problems, try updating your net framework (just go to windows update and check for updates, if u need to upgrade your .net framework it will tell u).

After you download something, type "O" then hit enter, it will open up the folder where things are saved.

flame6753

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
can you give me a little in depth detail about how to get newer games working? I downloaded all the missing IOS's and installed them using 249 but new super mario bros still gives me an error. I am on version 3.2u and don't want to update past that.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
is it an original disc via the disc channel? If so, u can install priiloader and instruct it to block disc updates... since u are on 3.2, starfall will also work (but not both!).

Before doing any of this, make sure u have bootmii installed (U should be able to install it as boot2), then use it to make a backup of your nand

edit: it would also be helpful to know what error u are getting

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
once u've installed them, u can delete them (if u require them again at some point in the future, u can always redownload them)

@everyone,
v4.1.0 is finished, and available via autoupdate (first implemented in v4.0.1), I will update the first post with changelog and download links within a couple days. But if you want it now, download and run v4.0.1, it will automatically update you to version 4.1.0

edit: please don't mirror this update, I've given wiiman123's website (webrewwii) the honor of being the first site to officially report the update (even before I update the first post of this thread), its my way of saying thanks to him for maintaining such a great site. If you haven't already, u should check it out here (http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/).

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey this program seems like it's a pretty good way to update everything necessary but I'm running into a problem. I was attempting to update my my friends wii who is on 3.2u system menu. I modded his wii a year or more ago with the twilight hack since his wii was very early and was actually below 3.2 system menu from the factory. Anyway, his doesn't have wifi so it's kind of a PITA to do everything manual. I tried this program to get all the files I need and in the middle of the downloads it stops and says something like "patching a handful of wadfiles" or something to that extent. I'm not sure if the program is actually doing anything or if it just quits. I've tried re downloading a few times and it always does the same thing, at the same spot. I've waited for a long time, 10-15 minutes, but it seems like it shouldn't take that long. Anyone ever see this error or know what I'm talking about? If so what do I do to fix. Am I being impatient?

Thanks

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure as i have only used the latest ver once, but when patching IOS's im sure when its done patching a IOS a confirmation box appears and before it does the next IOS you must click OK when its finished packing the patched IOS to wad, might be mistaken tho but it could be a problem with wadmii and your OS, try updating your .net framework

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
darkranboria said:
Good guide!
biggrin.gif

very weird problem... did u change the drive letter? It sounds like u may have screwed that up, if this is messed up, the app could be trying to save things to a place that doesn't exist, which would explain all your problems. Does your PC or SD Card have enough free space? Are you connected to the internet? Is your firewall blocking NUSAD? If u continue to experience weird problems, try updating your net framework (just go to windows update and check for updates, if u need to upgrade your .net framework it will tell u).

After you download something, type "O" then hit enter, it will open up the folder where things are saved.

I realized that it got stuck on a channel (I think it was the forecast/weather channel). Every time I downloaded it it got stuck, so i downloaded all of them except it. The download worked the next day, though.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
pepxl said:
when patching IOS's im sure when its done patching a IOS a confirmation box appears and before it does the next IOS you must click OK
there is no longer a pop-up requiring you to click ok, that was just in the beta

@everyone experiencing some freezing... this is very odd, as I have tested this app thoroughly on windows XP and windows 7 64-bit, and both work perfectly 99.9% of the time (and the other 0.01% of the time, redownloading it a second time works). Please report what OS you are running, and if you have .NET Framework v3.5 successfully installed on your system. Also, it goes without saying, if u consistently get this error, try performing a windows update, restarting, and start with a new/fresh COPY_TO_SD Folder.

edit: I just download the weather channel and all the cIOS/cMIOS wads, it worked perfectly on the first try

edit: I just noticed a very minor bug, I added one extra digit to the hash of the USA Weather channel, so if this is downloaded, the hash check at the end will fail. Looks like I'll have to release a quick fix (ie. v4.1.1)

edit: v4.1.1 finished, minor changes relative to v4.1.0, will be available via auto-update soon, and I'll update the first post of this thread tomorrow

edit: v4.1.1 available via auto-update now

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
First post updated with Download Links for v4.1.1​

Thanks to GiantPune and Da Mystery Man for helping me figure out the in's and out's of legally recreating cIOSs/cMIOSs. And another big thank you goes out to cwstjdenobs for making a custom mod of wadmii just for this program. And of course, thanks goes out to all my beta testers.

Changelog:

• Fixed Hash Check bug causing the check to fail when the USA Weather Channel was downloaded
  • Uses a newer version of WadMii (cwstjdenobs' 2nd WadMiiIsh mod), it works exactly the same at the last one, but with some code cleaned up and no verbose output
  • Fixed the spelling of tj_cool's name in the credits (previously spelled incorrectly as TJ_Cool)

• Added the ability to create cIOSs and cMIOSs in wad form for easy batch installation via a wad manager.
    Note: that this is done legally, any copyrighted nintendo files are downloaded from their servers directly. The custom cIOS (or cMIOS) modules bundled with NUSAD (made by Waninkoko, Hermes and WiiGator) are open source and legal to share under GPL. The diff files bundled with NUSAD do not contain any nintendo code, but instead they only store the differences between the unencrypted base wad modules and the unencrypted cIOS modules (so it only stores/applies the same changes the cIOS/cMIOS installers make to the base wad in the first place). All credit for these cIOSs/cMIOSs go to Waninkoko, Hermes and WiiGator, all I did was reverse engineer their work and repack it into a wad (which still wasn't easy). Also note that these cIOS/cMIOS wads work exactly the same as if you were to install the cIOSs using an official installer -- it has been tested extensively. FYI, I spoke with Waninkoko and he gave me his consent to do all of this.
  • Download Wizard and Guide now install cIOSs & cMIOS using wads, not the installers. Note that the installers and base wads are still available for download in batch download page and archived download page.
  • IOS61 is downloaded 100% of the time when downloading the HackMii Installer via the Wizard.
  • The guides now use Multi Manager Mod v13.2 (MMM) instead of YAWMM and Dop-Mii. Some other optimizations to the guide.
  • Changed the entire "hackmii solution" option from the main menu, now it downloads bannerbomb (v1 or v2), the HackMii Installer, MMM, IOS34 and IOS61, and it will print out a GUIDE for fixing the upside-down homebrew channel or no vulnerable IOS problems (including methods to fix it if you are missing the HBC).
  • Added the ability to select common groups of files to the batch download page.
  • Download confirmation page now automatically extends to fit the amount of text on screen (so if you have a massive download list, you wont need to press + or - to expand or shrink the window anymore).
  • Download Cues can no longer be saved/loaded on the batch download page. Instead, they can be saved on the download confirmation and download verification pages (before and after executing a batch download), and they can be loaded from the main menu (note, the option to load a download_cue only appears if a download_cue has been saved)
  • Added the ability to not only save the download_cue (S), but also to add the new cue to an existing download cue (S+) -- this could come in handy especially now that I have 3 different download pages.
  • Added an Archived/Outdated Downloads page to download outdated files (all Stub IOSs can be downloaded from here)
  • hackmii installer now also saved to SD:/apps/HackMii_Installer/boot.elf in addition to SD:/boot.elf
  • Added mmmconfig configurator (for Multi-Manager Mod)
  • Changed color scheme (modeled after the ever-nostalgic BSOD, lol)
  • Added scam warning/disclaimer at program start-up (hopefully this will prevent people from reselling this free application)
  • Added another functional Easter egg, now there are two functional Easter Eggs. Don't ask me what they are.
  • other minor changes

ore0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was looking into softmodding my wii, but it is past 4.2. So all I need to do is follow the instructions from this thing, and then I'm done? Do I need to do anything with cIOS for USB Loading? I mean, I read about a million guides for this, and I still have no idea what any of this stuff means
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to