Hardware Best way to CFW?

UH1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello all!

I have just bought a new nintendo 2ds xl and I have checked this forum a little bit to install cfw on it. As far as I understand, 3ds.guide is a little bit outdated, because we don't really need two different devices to install cfw. But, I couldn't get detailed information about how can I install this without using another device as well. Thus, I will appreciate much if anybody helps me, even a link with a description would be fine. Thanks in advance.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello all!

I have just bought a new nintendo 2ds xl and I have checked this forum a little bit to install cfw on it. As far as I understand, 3ds.guide is a little bit outdated, because we don't really need two different devices to install cfw. But, I couldn't get detailed information about how can I install this without using another device as well. Thus, I will appreciate much if anybody helps me, even a link with a description would be fine. Thanks in advance.
3ds.guide is by far the most up-to-date place to get instructions from. It simply doesn't have instructions for ONE of the various methods (the single system DSiWare one), but you can get detailed instructions for that one in the release archive on Github.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
https://3ds.hacks.guide is and awlays will be up to date. It even has the seedminer method.
And currently, we have 3 (4) ways of installing cfw (on 11.6).
1. Ntrboot
2. DSiWare
3. Hardmod
4. Seedminer
The Seedminer link you posted isn't actually from 3ds.guide, so the guide isn't up to date for just that one method. That page may be from the same person, but it's still not part of the guide. Nice find though, has it much better written than Zoogie's archive:P

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
The Seedminer link you posted isn't actually from 3ds.guide, so the guide isn't up to date for just that one method. That page may be from the same person, but it's still not part of the guide. Nice find though, has it much better written than Zoogie's archive:P
Well the Seedminer guide is linked in 3ds.guide so I trust it's been tested and still works.

Reactions: ThoD and Seriel

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's not from Plailect no.
https://3ds.hacks.guide is and awlays will be up to date. It even has the seedminer method.
And currently, we have 3 (4) ways of installing cfw (on 11.6).
1. Ntrboot
2. DSiWare
3. Hardmod
4. Seedminer
It hasn't been up to date for a while now. Which is too bad because it used to be the one-stop shop for 3DS modding and was praised for being constantly updated and now that's no longer the case. Also it confuses noobs when people link it and they can't find the info they need there.
At least he links to the Seedminer guide, but at the top of the page it still says "Both of these methods require two devices. One 3DS (or 2DS) must be running boot9strap and is referred to as the source 3DS, while the other 3DS (or 2DS) is on stock 11.6.0 and referred to as the target 3DS." which is misleading, and many people might not notice the link at the bottom. Plus the DSiWare method is only listed for 11.6 so many people might not even see that page.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
It's not from Plailect no.

It hasn't been up to date for a while now. Which is too bad because it used to be the one-stop shop for 3DS modding and was praised for being constantly updated and now that's no longer the case. Also it confuses noobs when people link it and they can't find the info they need there.
Last commit was 2 days ago, including the seedminer guide. Plailect has said he's working on adding it to the site and not linking it off-site. It has been up to date and is being worked on but you can't expect people to devote all their attention to a website when they have more than just that to work on.

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,
Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Last commit was 2 days ago, including the seedminer guide. Plailect has said he's working on adding it to the site and not linking it off-site. It has been up to date and is being worked on but you can't expect people to devote all their attention to a website when they have more than just that to work on.
I know I can't, but that's what people loved so much about the guide, it's just a pity. I'm not blaming Plailect for it. Rather maybe he should consider getting some help with keeping the guide updated if he doesn't have time for it himself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1