Homebrew Best Version of Loadiine?

AskingForTrouble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that injecting games onto an external HDD is more convenient and generally recommended over using Loadiine, but I'd like to have the option to launch packed files from an SD card, too. With "nightly builds" and modded forks, though, I have to wonder which is the best overall for game compatibility and system stability.

Thoughts?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that injecting games onto an external HDD is more convenient and generally recommended over using Loadiine, but I'd like to have the option to launch packed files from an SD card, too. With "nightly builds" and modded forks, though, I have to wonder which is the best overall for game compatibility and system stability.

Thoughts?
I think it's like 0.3 or something, which is the latest.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would only use loadiine with vc games. Some games take a long time to load.
That's what I do, in fact, my Loadiine is only filled up with DS VC games and injects. I treat it as like a faux DS emulator since the Wii U scene doesn't have a proper DS emulator. Works like a charm, only problem is you gotta wait like a minute when you select a game for it to boot up, but for the illusion I'm going for of having a DS emulator, it does a great job of getting the job done.

Reactions: godreborn

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I do, in fact, my Loadiine is only filled up with DS VC games and injects. I treat it as like a faux DS emulator since the Wii U scene doesn't have a proper DS emulator. Works like a charm, only problem is you gotta wait like a minute when you select a game for it to boot up, but for the illusion I'm going for of having a DS emulator, it does a great job of getting the job done.
Same here exactly... but I do wanna ask, I saw your post of Super Mario 64 DS full analog patch, I wonder can this patch be applied to Loadiine? I don’t wanna mess with my official copy.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here exactly... but I do wanna ask, I saw your post of Super Mario 64 DS full analog patch, I wonder can this patch be applied to Loadiine? I don’t wanna mess with my official copy.
I dunno, I used my copy on the actual Wii U NAND. I suppose you could do the patch on the NAND, and then you could copy over all the folders and files via FTP and place them in your Loadiine's game folder.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but a couple of days ago I had an idea, would it be possible to inject a DS VC with a homebrew emulator? I’m mostly interested for the NeoGeo emulator as the DS version is surprisingly good, far better than the one on Wii.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but a couple of days ago I had an idea, would it be possible to inject a DS VC with a homebrew emulator? I’m mostly interested for the NeoGeo emulator as the DS version is surprisingly good, far better than the one on Wii.
Retroarch wii u with fbneo core run neo geo games perfectly.

AskingForTrouble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.