Gaming Best upper screen movement control with the touch screen?

Rod

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Weird title, eh? If you didn't get it, I'm talking about those games where most of the action takes place on the upper screen, bust you may move the character using the Touch Screen, such as in Super Mario 64 DS. I'm excluding games like TWEWY, where moving on the TS is pretty much a need.
920758_20041007_screen009.jpg

I think most games with 3D movement using this scheme are still pretty lacking and unprecise, giving the feeling of a touch control "that's just there", which is a shame. Even big names like Final Fantasy 4 and Chrono Trigger had a less responsive touch control than older Final Fantasy III, Christ's sake! =/

But there was a game where I thought the touch screen control was pretty nice: unusually enough, it's Flower, Sun and Rain.
944224_108211_front.jpg

951789_20080730_screen003.jpg

The scenarios were all in 3D and you could use the D-pad, but I thought the touch control worked so well I barely even used it. Wasn't perfect, but was pretty easy to move around and guide yourself. Can't say I was surprised, that's not the kind of game you would expect they would do such a good job with this!
ohmy.gif

What about you guys? Which game do you think has the best Touch movement, so far?
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall a homebrew shooting game (first person rail shooter) as I recall that used the bottom screen to control the crosshairs.
I forget the name though (I think it was wild west/contemporary themed).

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if FPS count in this, but I think the movements in COD games were really neat! COD:WaW Wi-Fi is really spectacular, if graphics were better, it'd be way more entertaining than the computer version... at least in my opinion ^^

However there are some really TERRIBLE FPS with the same control type... for example Moon... :\ the controls are uugh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name in chat :ninja: