Best upgrade option.

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by yatesl, Apr 17, 2011.

Apr 17, 2011

Best upgrade option. by yatesl at 12:02 AM (834 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Apologies is this has been used many times before. I have an original White PSP, and it has 5.50 GEN-D2. I thought it was much lower, but apparently I'd updated it in the past... how ever many years.

I see people talking about 5.00, 6.02 etc, and having looked at the sticky apparently 5.50 isn't permanent, yet mine is. Which is the best option to get it fully up to date, playing the latest updates? D3, and Prom plug-in?

Whilst we're at it, any major apps on the PSP scene? I've not been 'on' it since ... Well, GameFAQs, about 2 years ago.

Cheers.

2. mechagouki

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    Please read Rydian's excellent PSP softmod sticky carefully, it is a great resource. You have a fully hacked 100X PSP running an older version of one of the 2 most popular CFWs, you can upgrade to 5.50 GEN-D3 very easily, and then apply the Prometheus 4 patch if you want good ISO compatibility without having to patch. You can also upgrade directly to 6.38 ME, though it's stability is currently unknown which may present a bricking risk. You can also try 6.20 PRO-B4 simply by upgrading to 6.20 OFW and then installing PRO-B4. Or you can use Hellcats recovery flasher to downgrade to whatever you want and then install an m33-6 CFW.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Prowler's the one that has the softmod guide. [​IMG]

There's permanent and non-permanent versions of 5.50. If your main concern is PSP games and not PSX games, the permanent version of 6.20 PRO-B4 would be right up your alley.

4. yatesl
    OP

Member yatesl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    After I made this guide, I re-read through the stickies, and ended up getting D3 / 5.50 Prometheus.

Just to give some merit/reason for this topic, I'll stick to the homebrew side. Any decent ones been made, aside from the emulators etc? I can't imagine what, but who knows.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States