Best thing to do?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by jelmew, Apr 13, 2011.

1. jelmew
    OP

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi guys.

I'm getting a hackable psp slim soon that is already hacked. Now my question is, where to go from here. Do I want to update to the latest custom-firm-ware, which option is the best and how do I get there. Is the sticky tutorial outdated in this forum or is there a better forum with a better tutorial?

Greetings,
    Jelmew

Edit: Hackable 2000 series

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    A new CFW just came out, so the guides are outdated until we work out a kink or two.

What to do depends on the PSP model and firmware. "Slim" could mean both a 2000 and a 3000 (sellers are often confused on the two), and it should have an older or newer motherboard.

3. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    The sticky tutorial will be the best for you, even if it is outdated you can just ask on this thread for further help. [​IMG]

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Well depending on their goals they may just want to go to PRO-B4 (for example if they don't care that much about game compatibility).

5. jelmew
    OP

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Well, that is my problem, which new firmware is the recommended one and what is the best way to get it on your psp. I thought that if I installed a ofw (I thought 6.20 was supported), that would erase all old firmware-hacks?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    When you install an OFW it will erase the hold hacks, yes... but if you have 6.20 or 6.35 OFW, then you can just run a downgrader (since those are hackable firmwares).

The question of which you want depends on the PSP model, it's firmware, and what you want to do with it.