Hacking Best Snes emulator solution?

Zacsyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So a couple of days ago a geek friend of mine gave me a jailbroken PS3 with loads of NES and SNES games loaded on it. The NES games works great but i have big problems with input lag on the SNES emulator. It is to the point that platformers like DK and SMW is literally unplayable.
So the emulator is called Snes9x Next v1.0.0.

I've googled around and read that the TV often is the problem. I don't think so in my case, i have played on this TV for several years without any problems what so ever with any game before. Including Mini Snes classic. On top of that, the NES games works perfectly fine aswell. It's not the TV.

Anyway, i think i need to replace the emulator so my question is: What is the best SNES emulator solution for PS3 CFW out there? I have a hunch that you guys might say Retroarch. So then i have another question. On some videos i've seen on youtube it seems that in Retroarch i choose games to play from a XMB-like menu. The thing is, i have several hundreds of SNES games currently and one thing i really need is the ability to scroll through the gameslist somewhat smoothly (Snes9x has this. I just press L1 or R1 and it scrolls whole pages). Does Retroarch offer some kind of smooth way of scrolling through games like Snes9x Next so i don't have to sit with my thumb on [down arrow] for 12 minutes to play a game that starts with Z? :D

Thanks in advance

/Noob

edit: spelling

Last edited by Zacsyd,

Shadowwake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used retro to play a few SNES titles all of which worked as well as if i were playing on the original console. Highly suggested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ