Best slot 2 solution for my setup

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lockery, Aug 31, 2008.

Aug 31, 2008
  1. lockery
    OP

Newcomer lockery Newbie

United States
    Well, for my slot one card, I have the Cyclo DS with a 8gb. My current slot 2 is a M3 lite with a 2gb micro sd. Now, I read a lot about the ez 3in1 card and I like what I can do with it, but I am also replaying older gba games just for fun and like to use cheat codes or cht codes. Now, If I go to the 3in1, I will loose this from what i can tell.

Also, is there a slot 2 that can handle more than a 2gb memory card or have more than 2gb internal?

Thanks,
    Lockery

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Actually, you'll get no better cart for slot 2 than M3 Lite Perfect!!
    Just stick with it..and no, there has been no SDHC compatible slot 2 carts..

This combination you own is actually the best anybody could come up with..

3. lockery
    OP

Newcomer lockery Newbie

United States
    That is what I was thinking the others would come up with. Thanks for your input.

4. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    My problem with this setup is that my M3 lite perfect no longer saves games. Is there an easy fix to this? [​IMG]

5. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    The battery was kinda my diagnosis as well... I havent tried it recently but if I can recall, I would play a gba game and save, and upon reloading the rom it hadnt saved (and if I recall it is probably something along the lines of the battery not saving the ram state past the power being turned off?)

So if that is the case, is there anything that can be done other than replacing the card?

It doesnt really matter anyways as I have a 3in1 on the way. Just curious.

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Yes, it's probably battery then..
    You can replace battery..it's a bit tricky because of the soldering but it's possible..