Hacking Best Slot-2 Device?

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be the best slot-2 device to get if I want to play GBA, GBC and GB games? I already have an R4DS.

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would someone mind telling me how these slot-2 devices work? Do I just put my GBA, GBC, or GB games onto the R4's memory card and the slot-2 device will be able to load the games from there, and also be able to save game data onto there?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want everything to be stored on your R4DS's MicroSD, get the EZFlash 3 in 1. It basically shares the space of the MicroSD.

If you want a Slot-2 that plays GBA games, and has it's own storage, get the M3 Perfect Lite.

~Nero

DanielC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that if you're a regular here you must hate getting asked these questions a lot, but it's hard to find this info anywhere else.

So, if I stuck an EZ Flash 3-in-1 into my slot-2 along with my R4 I will be able to play GB, GBC and GBA games and they will load and save fine onto my R4's SD card?

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
GB and GBC games are played using emulators, you don't need a slot 2 for that.

With the EZ 3in1 GBA games will load and save onto the R4's sd card, but you need to use Rudolph's tools or NDS station.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
THe only downside to Slot 2 cards with their own memory like the EZFlash IV or the M3 Lite is that it drains power faster than the R4. But so does the 3-in-1.
tongue.gif
I think so anyways. Go for the EZFlash 3-in-1 for a nice and cheap solution that gives you what you were asking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1