OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, as some of you people (very helpful people I might add) know, I have decided to purchase an Acekard RPG. My latest question is this: What is the most compatible SDHC micro SD card? I know some people have mentioned an A-Data 4 gig card. Can I get opinions on this matter? Thanks very much!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Microsd hcs should be "compatible" with your hardware, if you mean compatible in respects to speed, yeah the Adata seems to do fine with the problematic games (the THDG and Castlevania games) because it is Class 6, faster speed than the usual Class 4.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gimlianon said:
Righto. Do you know where I can find a comparison chart for microSD cards for this kind of thing?

Theres all kinds of comparison charts on the net. What you have to ask is does the info on them mean anything? What is important? I think cf_bench is more expressive of real "in DS" speed readings. The chart I found most useful and respective to my real world experience is here. I personally added all the RPG entries there so I can vouch for their validity. I tested each card 3 times with almost no difference (+/- 1 microsecond)(yes cf_bench spits out microsecond readings not milliseconds).

gimlianon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks! I currently have three 1 gig japanese Kingstons which work great, but I'd rather have a large card that I never have to change out then three I do.

Organizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do Acekard now support more than 4GB by the way, I am thinking to buy a 6GB or 8GB card soon?

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i can vouch for adata 4gb 6 speed, it handles fine, theres some games that wont run from it, but the simple task of putting it onto nand fixes all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back