Hacking Best/safest 4.0 updater

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only want the update because I want to still use HBC and install .wads. I do not plan on running any back-ups or anything like that. Which ones have you guys used?

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have Waninkoko's cIOS rev 7 or 8 or higher, you could just update straight from Nintendo and kep HBC and install wads.

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus patch IOS 60 so you can "run" custom wads from the SD card.

Whatever you do though, do NOT move HBC to the SD card...you might never be able to get it back.

I also installed preloader (wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader) which can help you if the HBC breaks or you install a bad wad since it loads before the system menu if you hold reset while powering on.

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWiiNinja said:
As long as you have Waninkoko's cIOS rev 7 or 8 or higher, you could just update straight from Nintendo and kep HBC and install wads.
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but where are the guides for this? Again, HBC and installing .wads is all i want to keep. I want to be safe
smile.gif
What does this do?

Posts merged

QUOTE(grante @ Apr 16 2009, 04:55 AM) Plus patch IOS 60 so you can "run" custom wads from the SD card.

Whatever you do though, do NOT move HBC to the SD card...you might never be able to get it back.

I also installed preloader (wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader) which can help you if the HBC breaks or you install a bad wad since it loads before the system menu if you hold reset while powering on.
Yea, I read that I should not move HBC channel. I wouldn't anyway, it is a very small save. Where do I get this IOS60?
By "custom" wads, do you mean injected ones?

wiiguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiguy said:
TheWiiNinja said:
Sorry to sound like a n00b, but where are the guides for this? Again, HBC and installing .wads is all i want to keep. I want to be safe
smile.gif
What does this do?

Posts merged

QUOTE(grante @ Apr 16 2009, 04:55 AM) Plus patch IOS 60 so you can "run" custom wads from the SD card.

Yea, I read that I should not move HBC channel. I wouldn't anyway, it is a very small save. Where do I get this IOS60?
By "custom" wads, do you mean injected ones?

Is the accurate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-