Hacking Best Playstation Emulator for Wii? Wii SX or PCSX-Rev?

poptdp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would like to know this too... for now iv decided to go with pcsx revolution (waiting for game to download now) due to the wiimote+nunchuk controls.

any good rpgs on psx besides tales of phantasia? preferably 2d, not 3d like final fantasy 7 etc.
im probably gonna get tales of eternia as well.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
if you have an original xbox, ps1 emulation is pretty good on it too, great processing power, plus the original xbox controller layout works well for playstation games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wiiman123 said:
if you have an original xbox, ps1 emulation is pretty good on it too, great processing power, plus the original xbox controller layout works well for playstation games.
I have a modded xbox, runs pretty much 90% of all PS1 games just fine (I have seen some slowdown in later PS1 games)

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
wiiman123 said:
I have a modded xbox, runs pretty much 90% of all PS1 games just fine (I have seen some slowdown in later PS1 games)
i thought the OP is asking for playstation emulator for the wii?...why post xbox concern?

D

Deleted-171178

wiiman123 said:
Second this motion, I was playing Sotn on it this morning.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
razorback78 said:
wiiman123 said:
i thought the OP is asking for playstation emulator for the wii?...why post xbox concern?

I realize he wants a Wii solution, but just wanted to recommend emulation on xbox as its one of the best platforms for ps1 emulation, other than the actual playstation machines.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
ive tried both and i think pcsx has the best potential but its still early days for ps1 emulation on the wii
best advice for now is to get a ps3 60gb as ive never had a problem with it playing ps1 games
rofl2.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
PCSX-Rev was just a fork from an earlier version of WiiSX, it does not bring much more than some additional controller support and is FAR less compatible and optimized than the last WiiSX version.

That's said, there are mods of the last WiiSX beta that gives you some of these "wanted" features (classic controller support, USB support, etc)

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jacobeian, can you please re-upload the WIISX mod 3? The mediafire link is down, and i can't find it anywhere ... T_T

poptdp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yup tested out pcsx revolution... wayyy too slow for me, even with a 2d game.

i was researching, and i also would like Jacoiebs mod, but cant find it anywhere. can u reupload it? thanks.

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now I enter this forum 7 years later to present you all with the sacred question yet again....

What is the BEST Playstation emulator for the Wii that leaves all the rest in the dust?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F