Hacking Best Place to get 3.0.0 or below switch used?

BroknKys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic Title. Tried to get a secondhand switch via GameStop twice, both the units they had were 3.0.2 and had to return them. Has anyone had luck getting them in this manner? I have no idea if GS updates them as part of the refurbishment process or not. That would definitely mean I would have to find a different place to hunt one down.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic Title. Tried to get a secondhand switch via GameStop twice, both the units they had were 3.0.2 and had to return them. Has anyone had luck getting them in this manner? I have no idea if GS updates them as part of the refurbishment process or not. That would definitely mean I would have to find a different place to hunt one down.
ebay, craigslist, offerup. try those

johnnymaq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my 3.0.0 from a Best Buy last week after Amazon delivered me a 3.0.1 days prior. Best Buy had tons of them with 3.0.0 still. This is in the middle of one of the largest cities in the US as well, so they're certainly still around.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way to get a 3.0.0 Switch is by buying one new and comparing the serial number to this spreadsheet before purchasing it.

I picked up a 3.0.0 Switch from Target this week, but they have 3.0.1 models too, so it's very important that you look at the serial number.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
Switch still a hot item, you wont save money picking up a used one
just get a new one that you can return it later if it has any issues or higher fw

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Phisical store...at least in Europe have always console of the past months..surely not on amazon...howeer it is not so important...you can't play mario odissey and o online...no homebrew are released...

Last edited by Meriadoc,

Trolling_Farm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to Target, you can open the box at the register and return it if it's not 3.0.0 or below. Also the serial list is a good place to start.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe you know: I ordered also mario cart 8 which comes today.
Can I play Mario Cart on FW 1.0 or I have to update?
i'm not sure if mario kart works on fw 1.0 (maybe it needs 1.1 for example) - but it certainly doesn't come with 3.0, so you can definitely play it :)
so, even if mario karts needs 1.2, the cart would contain it, and you can update using the cart.

but you won't be able to update the game itself to the latest version, and you won't be able to play online - unless you update to the latest fw version.

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure if mario kart works on fw 1.0 (maybe it needs 1.1 for example) - but it certainly doesn't come with 3.0, so you can definitely play it :)
so, even if mario karts needs 1.2, the cart would contain it, and you can update using the cart.

but you won't be able to update the game itself to the latest version, and you won't be able to play online - unless you update to the latest fw version.

I think switch firmware jumped from 1.0.0 directly to 2.0.0. Also, no update is required to play mario kart, but online play will not be possible without updating i believe.

Reactions: Darky112 and cearp

Darky112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think switch firmware jumped from 1.0.0 directly to 2.0.0. Also, no update is required to play mario kart, but online play will not be possible without updating i believe.

I have tested it yesterday. I played some hours of Mario Kart and I am still on 1.0.0 :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.