Hacking Best place to buy in Australia?

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that I've read this thread... I'm so tempted to buy a Cyclo from Ozmodchips... I first found out about 'em on the whirlpool forums (which is surprising considering there's basically no talk about flash carts there and Ozmodchips still lurked around there). Gah $75... but free delivery... so hard...

I'm pretty torn between Ozmodchips or DX, knowing that the DX one might be fake. If only life weren't so hard...

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're happy to wait 2-4 weeks for your CycloDS and don't mind the risk that it could be fake, then DX looks like a pretty good deal.

However, if you want your CycloDS NOW, go with OzModChips.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kaos said:
If you're happy to wait 2-4 weeks for your CycloDS and don't mind the risk that it could be fake, then DX looks like a pretty good deal.

However, if you want your CycloDS NOW, go with OzModChips.

Actually time isn't much of an issue. And usually after a product's been shipped from DX, it gets to me within a week. Pretty fast IMO. But now that Creative's released a new MP3 player... I might hold off a Cyclo for now. Tough decisions...

Moorse

Trophies
XP
Country
+1 OzModChips -1 Modariffic

Do not buy from Modariffic. I ordered their CycloDS on the 4th Sept 08 when their price was reduced to $49.95. I paid the same day, and after almost 3 weeks no product has arrived.
vboy said:
Initially they(modariffic) were great, but now I'm finding it very hard to get someone to answer my queries.
Tell me about it. After waiting till the 16th Sept 08 wondering when my (1-4 day shipping) item would arrive, I logged into their site to check my order. I noticed that they were apparently still waiting for my money. I immediately sent them an email explaining that I had paid and wanted to know the status of my shipment. They replied the same day saying that they were still waiting on my payment and that my shipment could have been missed or delayed if I did not include my order number in the bank transfer. I sent a reply email showing them my receipt proving that I had sent the money and that my transfer description included my order number. I even double checked the BSB and ACC number to make sure I didn't accidentally send the money elsewhere, and they did match up correctly with the ones Modariffic quoted. I have since sent 4 emails trying to resolve the situation but have so far received no reply from them.
angry.gif

Today I ordered my CycloDS from OzModChips. Having dealt with them in the past when I bought my V1 Wii Clip, I have 100% confidence in their business practices and would recommend them without a flinch.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moorse said:
+1 OzModChips -1 Modariffic

Do not buy from Modariffic. I ordered their CycloDS on the 4th Sept 08 when their price was reduced to $49.95. I paid the same day, and after almost 3 weeks no product has arrived.
vboy said:
Initially they(modariffic) were great, but now I'm finding it very hard to get someone to answer my queries.
Tell me about it. After waiting till the 16th Sept 08 wondering when my (1-4 day shipping) item would arrive, I logged into their site to check my order. I noticed that they were apparently still waiting for my money. I immediately sent them an email explaining that I had paid and wanted to know the status of my shipment. They replied the same day saying that they were still waiting on my payment and that my shipment could have been missed or delayed if I did not include my order number in the bank transfer. I sent a reply email showing them my receipt proving that I had sent the money and that my transfer description included my order number. I even double checked the BSB and ACC number to make sure I didn't accidentally send the money elsewhere, and they did match up correctly with the ones Modariffic quoted. I have since sent 4 emails trying to resolve the situation but have so far received no reply from them.
angry.gif

Today I ordered my CycloDS from OzModChips. Having dealt with them in the past when I bought my V1 Wii Clip, I have 100% confidence in their business practices and would recommend them without a flinch.

I don't know what happened on your side but I recently bought a CycloDS from Modariffic and paid via online bank transfer on a Friday night and it shipped out on Monday, a week later I received it (WA ---> NSW).

Moorse

Trophies
XP
Country
Swip said:
I don't know what happened on your side but I recently bought a CycloDS from Modariffic and paid via online bank transfer on a Friday night and it shipped out on Monday, a week later I received it (WA ---> NSW).
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened either. The fact that they are not communicating is really what's disturbing me. I suspect there was some minor error along the transaction by either of us, but if we can't communicate then nothing can really get solved. I have heard reports like yours and others who have had good dealings with Modariffic, but I guess it's hard to please every customer.

I haven't given up yet. I'll let you all know if anything gets resolved, hoping I can cancel out some of the dissatisfaction I have already expressed.

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine next day via platinum post after paying via paypal?

Theres plenty of people friends and family that told me about Modariffic, try contacting them at [email protected] they generally reply quite promtly...

Or try MSN ?

[email protected] or something...

A friend has ordered plenty of times and recieved the stock just the same as I. But then again i used Paypal....

Moorse

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, they ended up notifying me that they shipped my item on the 25th Sept 08. The following day I received it. They explained that the reason for their delay was because I didn't include my order number with my transfer, which is strange because I triple checked this and I am 100% sure I did.

Also, the same day they shipped my item I discovered Modariffic have their own forums, on which I read that they had run out of stock and were waiting for new stock to fulfill back orders. It's helpful to customers that they include this important information on their forums, but not in the case where the forums are not easily found due to mediocre website design. The supply issue may or may not have had something to do with my delay. At least they didn't mention this as a reason through their emails.

In my particular case, the shipping time was awful due to (i think) a misunderstanding with how to quote your order number. The actual time it took them to answer my emails was not prompt, but the emails they did reply to were generally friendly.

I tried their MSN, email, and website inquiry form as a form of communication. Neither were very effective. For anyone wanting to buy from Modariffic in the future, try and use their forums instead, or in addition to the communication outlets mentioned. Also when you transfer money to them, make sure you don't type something like "CycloDS order number ####" (like what I did), but instead type your description as "####" with the '####' being your order number. I believe my complicated description could have been a reason why they couldn't find my order number.

Hopefully these things will make for a smoother transaction.

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicely done! glad things got worked out-

Well the important thing is that we have our evolutions ;p

D

Deleted User

Ordered a CycloDS Evolution from Ozmodchips today using a card. Think it was about 12 noon AEST, I'll let you guys know how long it takes. I used the free shipping option though.
I bought a Memor32 from them a while back and got it in a small amount of time but I used the direct deposit option. I think it was two business days or something, it wasn't long so we'll see how it goes.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
we havent charged any credit cards after 9am today
too many orders over the weekend to keep charging cards throughout the day.
It will out tomorrow - cyclo orders are always done around 11am

noonzascript

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
go to www.quantronics.com.au if you do paypal, they delivery the product really quick aswell. i got my cyclods 2 days after payment was confirmed

D

Deleted User

I got it today at 11:30 am. So, I ordered Monday at about 11:30 am - 12 noon, it was processed Tuesday (received dispatched notification) and got it on Thursday morning. Good stuff. I'd recommend Ozmodchips to a friend.

*edit* ...and it seems to work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk