Hacking Best option? Possible flash cart?

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey haven’t used my 3ds for awhile and want to start again and have a few questions.
First my 3ds: old 3ds with custom firmware (can never remember if it’s a9lh or the other one), firmware 11.6.0-39U. Currently have a micro sd card 64gb with my cias installed on that.
I also have a ds lite with an acekard with my gb, gbc and gba and ds Roms. it’s starting to crap out so I want to get rid of it.
Questions:
Am I still ok to update within the settings and that to the lastest firmware?
What is the best method to put my gb, gbc, gba and nds roms on the 3ds?
If the best option is a flash cart can I have both? custom firmware to have cias installed that way and flash cart for other rims?

Thanks for the answes

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GB, GBC and GBA you are best off using Virtual Console Injections

http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
and just get this flash card, for the NDS games
Thanks for the reply so the virtual console injections, (I’ll google in a second), would install where my cias are on the main sd? Will all romanwork or only what’s available on the shop for gb/gbc/gba?
I’ll take a look at that cart now

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: kasek

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you saved me a look up lol, while I was looking for that I found a thread a couple down about the acekard2i. It said cfw you don’t need a new boot loader for it, I just checked and threw it in my 3ds and it loads up my nds games! Am I ok to use this or would it b better to get that card you listed? Also I guess nes/snes or gamegear that I had on my acekard should b installed virtual console or card is alright?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks you saved me a look up lol, while I was looking for that I found a thread a couple down about the acekard2i. It said cfw you don’t need a new boot loader for it, I just checked and threw it in my 3ds and it loads up my nds games! Am I ok to use this or would it b better to get that card you listed? Also I guess nes/snes or gamegear that I had on my acekard should b installed virtual console or card is alright?
snes you really need a NEW 3ds/2ds for the cpu power, but everything else will be fine also

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
snes you really need a NEW 3ds/2ds for the cpu power, but everything else will be fine also
Awesome thanks that’ll save me $20 or so, I’ll give that thread a read and try out the injection for gba at least and leave the rest alone, I only have a couple snes games so I’ll test them out if they don’t work they don’t work I can live with it! Appreciate all your help

Last edited by kasek,

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry also is it still safe to update my cias? Can my ds be updated still through settings o latest firmware?
Is it ok to play games online still (ie Pokémon)?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
sorry also is it still safe to update my cias? Can my ds be updated still through settings o latest firmware?
Is it ok to play games online still (ie Pokémon)?
yes, yes and yes,

just do not cheat / hack games online and you shouldnt have a problem

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, yes and yes,

just do not cheat / hack games online and you shouldnt have a problem
Awesome thanks, now I need to keep
Up with this. Go through spurts where I don’t follow for months and get lost and behind appreciate your patience and help though

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Awesome thanks that’ll save me $20 or so, I’ll give that thread a read and try out the injection for gba at least and leave the rest alone, I only have a couple snes games so I’ll test them out if they don’t work they don’t work I can live with it! Appreciate all your help
BlargSNES and Snes9x for Old 3DS run pretty well on o3DS I think, but SNES emulators are better on n3DS.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlargSNES and Snes9x for Old 3DS run pretty well on o3DS I think, but SNES emulators are better on n3DS.
Awesome thanks I’ll try those out and see, I literally I think have 5-6games. If it works great, if not it is what it is. Same with nes and gamegear, I’m glad my ds games and gba will work without needing a new card, impatient with shipping time and to cheap to pay top dollar for fastest shipping haha.

Reactions: Hunter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson