Best open source handheld out at the moment?

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I love my open source handhelds but not brought one since the Caanoo came out so I am in need of a new one (The Caanoo works fine by the way lol) So I am wondering what is the best open source handheld out at the moment?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think handhelds nowadays are using Android as an OS, like the...I can't remember the name. Starts with a J and I'm sure someone here knows. But yeah.

Not sure what else there is (or at least recent)

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think handhelds nowadays are using Android as an OS, like the...I can't remember the name. Starts with a J and I'm sure someone here knows. But yeah.

Not sure what else there is (or at least recent)

Yeah I know what you mean, there is also a few Yinlips machines about but most of them have the A10 Boxchip in and they all suffer from sound lag (Becasue of the chip) Plus there build is not up to scrach and they are Chinese machines and they update them with new models like there is no tomorrow lol (A lot of and's there lol) So not really wanting to go down that ally because of them very reasons. I own a Xperia Play also so im not missing anything on the Android side

I kinda like the Dingoo A380 but its really hard to get them in the UK (Where I live) and plus its soo small and I have man hands lol

So is there anything else?

D

Deleted User

I've personally had good experiences with the Dingoo A320. I can agree with Martin about how small they are. lol
I believe you mean the JXD S7100. ^-^ Never had the pleasure of using one as I don't know of anyone who owns one. :P

Reactions: 1 person

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've personally had good experiences with the Dingoo A320. I can agree with Martin about how small they are. lol
I believe you mean the JXD S7100. ^-^ Never had the pleasure of using one as I don't know of anyone who owns one. :P
Just get this: http://openpandora.org/

It's the best one ever made.

You also have the JXD S601 and the JXD S7100B too lol The only problem with them is the D-Pad sucks lol
I already have a Pandora and im not happy with it because it breaks all the time (The build is rubbish for something thats made in Germany)

There is going to be a 7″ version of the Yinlips YDPG18 (You heard it here first! lol) But I don`t know if its going to have the A10 Boxchip again (Looks like the JXD S7100)

So anything else? lol

EDIT: Forgot about the JXD 5100 lol

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well been looking around again and I think I will go with this: http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s5110-game-console-android-40-wifi-otg-4g-p-247.html because it sounds like its built very well and is the first Android handheld to come with ICS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.