Best N64 Emulator

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was wandering what is the best N64 emulator. I have downloaded P64 but I find for games like Goldeneye, it seems a bit off when emulating. Was wandering if there was an updated list of plug-ins also so I can maybe update my emulator to see if there could be a good difference.

Thanks

Corvo_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mupen64plus. Look around for a compatibility list, not all games are compatible. I think they also list the best plugin configuration for each game.

Reactions: console

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using project 64 after they made the 1.7 beta something you had to pay for. They said it would be free once it left beta, but then kept it in beta for years. Plus, it's windows-only and closed-source. I'll stick with Mupen64plus.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best emulator to play goldeneye smoothly is 1964 ultrafast (pistolgrip edition).

runs goldeneye on 60 fps instead of the 15-20 fps it used to run on the N64. with 4 xbox 360 controllers it is a better experience than on the original.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I stopped using project 64 after they made the 1.7 beta something you had to pay for. They said it would be free once it left beta, but then kept it in beta for years. Plus, it's windows-only and closed-source. I'll stick with Mupen64plus.
There's a 2.x version up now. I prefer Project64 because it's just been easier for me to use in general.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for mupenplus.
I'm running it with the paid beta of gliden64. Works well, for a beta :O
But the standard plugins are great and relatively issue free. For an N64 emulators at least lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol