OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, could anybody tell me what is the best current N64 emulator for the PC? I'm going to get some new PC game pads so I thought I'd ask you guys what you think.

Thanks much.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get pj64k if you want to play online. Or mupen. Popular games to play online for the n64 are ssb64, mario kart 64, and goldeneye 64.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you can get it various other ways too.
wink.gif
Leeroy Jenkins himself has a working copy of 1.7 out there I've seen.
biggrin.gif

yokomoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips everybody. I got Project 64 1.7 and it works GREAT! I hadn't kept up with the N64 emulation scene for the past 4 or so years, so I'm really impressed at how far it's come since then.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yokomoko said:
Thanks for the tips everybody. I got Project 64 1.7 and it works GREAT! I hadn't kept up with the N64 emulation scene for the past 4 or so years, so I'm really impressed at how far it's come since then.

wtf 1.7 works? though it was just an uncomplete beta? cause' on my system its' unstable and crashes permanently:. but 1.6 is either well

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah it's real and it's pretty damn stable and does more than the 1.6 public release. I know it's supposed to be a pay beta, and usually I respect stuff like that, but that thing likely is dead. Even if it's not, you never see nor hear much out of them and it's like they're just stringing suckers along to get a few bucks for free to register for an old beta. I'd love to think they're still hard at work on it, but I mean think about when the last 1.7beta hit(that got made public) and the normal public 1.6.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PJ64 1.7 does have a few issues, for those who didn't pay for it and got that Leroy Jenkins version. The original leaked version wouldn't play Banjo Tooie thanks to copy protection they put in it. There was someone on youtube who posted a crack to fix that, but then that one broke Rayman 2 (which is at least on other systems though).

So yeah, don't expect it to work perfectly. I've been pretty satisfied with 1.6 myself. I'm running an older computer (really old, anything above N64 isn't going to run well) and I've found that 1.7 is quite a bit slower than 1.6. And I mean a lot slower. Probably 15%-20% slower. Just what i've noticed anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-