Best music creation suite/software?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by raystriker, Sep 14, 2016.

1. raystriker
    OP

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    So the thing is, I have this piece of background music that I ripped and edited from a TV show because I could not find it anywhere online. The bg music wasn't too prominent to begin with and there were voices etc overlaying the whole music, using stereo inversion techniques etc, I managed to get a good amount of voice from the file but lost a lot of quality.

I like the piece very much and plan on recreating it, I have basic knowledge of music (played the piano a little around 10 years ago) and was wondering which software to use to get the best results, with a decent learning curve.

I have attached the file, don't worry, it's not a virus or anything.

Attached Files:

2. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    As someone like you who is capable of basic knowledge of music, and capable of recognizing the basic notes from music sheets, then you will be able to use any software that i list below:
    - Pro Tools
    - Cubase
    - Anvil Studio
    - FL Studio
    - Acoustica Aircraft
    - MAGIX Music Maker.

These are some of the most well known tools when it comes to composing, now, to compose music on your PC, I strongly recommend either FL Studio or Cubase, since they are both able to compose easily, and with no major problems, specially the first (FL Studio) since it has a lot of tutorials over the Internet, and is the easiest to use in the short run.

Now, what instruments do you want to use with the song you wanna recreate?, it depends, there are some empty spaces during this song, especially notorious during minute 1:00 and 0:11 where there is either noise or just nothing at all, VST's allows you to pick any specialized instrument (Such as a Guitar on your PC) and is installed through out a program that manages vst plugins (Such as FL Tools or Cubase), either way, let us say that once you have settled with the instruments, you will need to have an enough amount of channels to cover the whole song, and then you will need to recreate it with the way the program works.

I personally recommend using FL Studio as the beginners choice, and then you can pick on whatever else you'll need in case of something else, tutorials of YT like this:

Aren't particularly hard to find, I shall also note that to compose on PC you could use either the normal Keyboard or a MIDI USB Keyboard which makes the job of getting results easier, both are fine either way, is all a matter of trying and proving the tools you have until you get the result desired.

raystriker likes this.
  3. Shobux

Shobux Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2006
    I mainly use Ableton Live for creating/composing music and complement it with Logic Pro (macOS only) for audio editing/mastering, but there's also some other good software like Cubase/Nuendo, PreSonus Studio One and Pro Tools, all of them paid. There are also some good free alternatives like Reaper. I suggest trying downloading Reaper or a demo of any of the software I mentioned above (don't try ProTools if you don't have a dedicated ProTools interface) to get a general feeling how they behave. About the learning curve, I can only say that all of them share the same difficulty but I think Live gets a little more easy at the beginning because of it's paradigm being a mixture of the traditional and a building blocks system/style.

Any doubts or questions you can just PM me, I am an Audio Engineer and a professional pianist/composer so I can give you further tips/tricks to help you.

raystriker likes this.
  4. raystriker
    OP

raystriker Alpha PC Builder

Dec 28, 2011
    India
    Bloomington
    Thanks both of you! I guess I have a place to start! Let's see how it goes!

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Acoustica MixCraft and cubase for sure.

6. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    vocaloid is the best!! never used it but, it uses 1000's of samples from real people to create music!!

7. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Definitely LMMS, assuming you don't have a Mac for GarageBand

8. VinsCool

VinsCool Comfortably Numb

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    OpenMPT for samples use and tracking capacities, assuming you have the patience for it.

9. FaTaL_ErRoR

FaTaL_ErRoR AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ

Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    If you are really into music creation and editing (and are broke) you should check out the world of free/open source.
    http://ubuntustudio.org/download/ This one has enough programs to get you going. And there are many more that aren't included but can be downloaded for use on linux. Linux is great. This distro also comes packed with video editing/ creating and drawing programs and photo editing programs. Just get it and thank me later.

10. Vishnoo

Vishnoo Failure is success if we learn from it.

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    Will fl studio 12 run in my specification:
    Intel core 2 duo cpu 2.66 ghz,
    Nvidia geforce 210,
    4 gb ram and windows displays only 3 gb ram,

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It should. Better hardware helps a lot though, since everything is rendered in realtime.

12. Vishnoo

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    Thanks for the reply.

13. Vishnoo

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    What about the CPU, fl studio 12 requires Pentium 4. Does my cpu have Pentium.

14. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Pentium is a line of processors. Your CPU is good enough

Vishnoo likes this.
  15. Vishnoo

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    Thanks for the help.

16. Vishnoo

Jun 1, 2016
    India
    How is my music made in fl studio 12. Tell me which is the best in the zip file.

Attached Files:

17. dosS2

dosS2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2017
    Sydney
    Maximum Audio Tracks