Best music creation suite/software?

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So the thing is, I have this piece of background music that I ripped and edited from a TV show because I could not find it anywhere online. The bg music wasn't too prominent to begin with and there were voices etc overlaying the whole music, using stereo inversion techniques etc, I managed to get a good amount of voice from the file but lost a lot of quality.

I like the piece very much and plan on recreating it, I have basic knowledge of music (played the piano a little around 10 years ago) and was wondering which software to use to get the best results, with a decent learning curve.

I have attached the file, don't worry, it's not a virus or anything.

Attachments

• take1.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 326

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
As someone like you who is capable of basic knowledge of music, and capable of recognizing the basic notes from music sheets, then you will be able to use any software that i list below:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase
- Anvil Studio
- FL Studio
- Acoustica Aircraft
- MAGIX Music Maker.

These are some of the most well known tools when it comes to composing, now, to compose music on your PC, I strongly recommend either FL Studio or Cubase, since they are both able to compose easily, and with no major problems, specially the first (FL Studio) since it has a lot of tutorials over the Internet, and is the easiest to use in the short run.

Now, what instruments do you want to use with the song you wanna recreate?, it depends, there are some empty spaces during this song, especially notorious during minute 1:00 and 0:11 where there is either noise or just nothing at all, VST's allows you to pick any specialized instrument (Such as a Guitar on your PC) and is installed through out a program that manages vst plugins (Such as FL Tools or Cubase), either way, let us say that once you have settled with the instruments, you will need to have an enough amount of channels to cover the whole song, and then you will need to recreate it with the way the program works.

I personally recommend using FL Studio as the beginners choice, and then you can pick on whatever else you'll need in case of something else, tutorials of YT like this:

Aren't particularly hard to find, I shall also note that to compose on PC you could use either the normal Keyboard or a MIDI USB Keyboard which makes the job of getting results easier, both are fine either way, is all a matter of trying and proving the tools you have until you get the result desired.

Reactions: raystriker

Shobux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Portugal
I mainly use Ableton Live for creating/composing music and complement it with Logic Pro (macOS only) for audio editing/mastering, but there's also some other good software like Cubase/Nuendo, PreSonus Studio One and Pro Tools, all of them paid. There are also some good free alternatives like Reaper. I suggest trying downloading Reaper or a demo of any of the software I mentioned above (don't try ProTools if you don't have a dedicated ProTools interface) to get a general feeling how they behave. About the learning curve, I can only say that all of them share the same difficulty but I think Live gets a little more easy at the beginning because of it's paradigm being a mixture of the traditional and a building blocks system/style.

Any doubts or questions you can just PM me, I am an Audio Engineer and a professional pianist/composer so I can give you further tips/tricks to help you.

Reactions: raystriker

raystriker

The powers that be
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
As someone like you who is capable of basic knowledge of music, and capable of recognizing the basic notes from music sheets, then you will be able to use any software that i list below:
- Pro Tools
- Cubase
- Anvil Studio
- FL Studio
- Acoustica Aircraft
- MAGIX Music Maker.

These are some of the most well known tools when it comes to composing, now, to compose music on your PC, I strongly recommend either FL Studio or Cubase, since they are both able to compose easily, and with no major problems, specially the first (FL Studio) since it has a lot of tutorials over the Internet, and is the easiest to use in the short run.

Now, what instruments do you want to use with the song you wanna recreate?, it depends, there are some empty spaces during this song, especially notorious during minute 1:00 and 0:11 where there is either noise or just nothing at all, VST's allows you to pick any specialized instrument (Such as a Guitar on your PC) and is installed through out a program that manages vst plugins (Such as FL Tools or Cubase), either way, let us say that once you have settled with the instruments, you will need to have an enough amount of channels to cover the whole song, and then you will need to recreate it with the way the program works.

I personally recommend using FL Studio as the beginners choice, and then you can pick on whatever else you'll need in case of something else, tutorials of YT like this:

Aren't particularly hard to find, I shall also note that to compose on PC you could use either the normal Keyboard or a MIDI USB Keyboard which makes the job of getting results easier, both are fine either way, is all a matter of trying and proving the tools you have until you get the result desired.

I mainly use Ableton Live for creating/composing music and complement it with Logic Pro (macOS only) for audio editing/mastering, but there's also some other good software like Cubase/Nuendo, PreSonus Studio One and Pro Tools, all of them paid. There are also some good free alternatives like Reaper. I suggest trying downloading Reaper or a demo of any of the software I mentioned above (don't try ProTools if you don't have a dedicated ProTools interface) to get a general feeling how they behave. About the learning curve, I can only say that all of them share the same difficulty but I think Live gets a little more easy at the beginning because of it's paradigm being a mixture of the traditional and a building blocks system/style.

Any doubts or questions you can just PM me, I am an Audio Engineer and a professional pianist/composer so I can give you further tips/tricks to help you.
Thanks both of you! I guess I have a place to start! Let's see how it goes!

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are really into music creation and editing (and are broke) you should check out the world of free/open source.
http://ubuntustudio.org/download/ This one has enough programs to get you going. And there are many more that aren't included but can be downloaded for use on linux. Linux is great. This distro also comes packed with video editing/ creating and drawing programs and photo editing programs. Just get it and thank me later.

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Will fl studio 12 run in my specification:
Intel core 2 duo cpu 2.66 ghz,
Nvidia geforce 210,
4 gb ram and windows displays only 3 gb ram,

Vishnoo

Failure is success if we learn from it.
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How is my music made in fl studio 12. Tell me which is the best in the zip file.

Attachments

• fl studio 12.zip
    426.9 KB · Views: 250

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: