best micro sdhc card for acekard 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by doxology83, Oct 7, 2008.

Oct 7, 2008
  1. doxology83
    OP

Newcomer doxology83 Member

whats the best micro sdhc card for the acekard 2? i have read about adata's being good, which i found strange.

also i noticed 3 4gb micro sdhc cards from adata on newegg. they all seem to be different packages, i was also wondering if all of those have the same 4gb card in them.

is adata the best or is there something faster?

thanks.

2. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    They're all the same 4gb card, just depends if you want the extra adapters or not.

3. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    As long as its class 6, its good. Class 4 is also good but 6 is better.

4. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    get a 4gig one, but then get a 1gb kingston japan ($3 at newegg) its the fastest, and will run all the problem games.

there is like 5 different brands of 4gb microsd at newegg for less than $20, and with the cheap shipping the ship will probably be less than $3.00

5. doxology83
    OP

Newcomer doxology83 Member

thanks for the replies, i wouldn't have thought that all of the cards that where class 6 would have been about the same would have thought they would have had speeds that where slightly better to try and set themselves apart.

is there actually a need for the 1gb kingston for the acekard 2? it seems in most of the reviews i have seen that its been able to play everything find from pretty much any card, have users had issues with speed with the micro sdhc cards? i would have thought the micro sdhc cards would be faster than the normal micro sd ones.

6. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I've had no problems with my class 6 adatas except for twewy, which I did eventually get working. Besides that, smooth as silk, no lag or slowdowns on anything.

7. Thur

Newcomer Thur Member

Netherlands Antilles
    How about a 16GB class 2?

Or are 2 8GB Class 6's better? I fear I may lose the damn lilliputian things.

8. Anhmeister

Newcomer Anhmeister Member

United States
    Two 8GB class 6 cards will be infinitely better than a 16GB class 2. Class 2 cards are far too unreliable and many games don't work well with them.

Edit : Goodness, I just realized I helped bump a dead thread. >.>

9. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    A Class 6 4GB is the best. Most notable is the ADATA 4GB MicroSD Class 6. There is also the Transcend.

I recommend a ADATA 4GB MicroSD Class 6 or a Transcend 4GB MicroSD Class 6. Both are equally good.

10. MUDjoe2

Newcomer MUDjoe2 Advanced Member

United States
    I use a 4gb Transcend Class 6. Runs very smoothly, as stated before no lag. However, if your card gets corrupted for some reason, I would NOT reccomend using Windows formatter, but rather, the Panasonic formatter. For some bizzare reason, reformatting using Windows actually slowed down my card (until I turned to AKAIO).