Hacking Best micro sd for cyclods?

Death50

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the best micro sd or micro sdhcfor the cyclods evo that'll run games fine?? Is it still Kingston
I'm looking in the ranges of 1-2 gigs. Dont really see a point in going past that unless it's cheap.

Bigmac8484

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newegg get the kingston 1gb it might be taiwan but if your not playing castlevania portrait of ruin you are fine i have one it works perfectly

CrushEmAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bigmac8484 said:
newegg get the kingston 1gb it might be taiwan but if your not playing castlevania portrait of ruin you are fine i have one it works perfectly

Just wondering if we were playing castlevania portrait of ruin. . .what would happen if I had a taiwan microsd card? I just ordered a 2GB sandisk so I hope I don't run into that problem because that is one of the main reasons I finally invested in a CycloDS evolution.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...k=microsd%2b4gb

In addition to the obvious benefit of more storage, HC cards have a much higher read rate, so games will load faster and the flashcart's menu will be snappier.

Urza has it perfect !
This card is great. I ordered 10 and they came last week. They run 0735 (POR) without a problem!
Great buy Great price !!!!

Holliday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting ready to get a CycloDS this week and have been looking at the best SDHC cards. I'm down to a Kingston 4GB or SanDisk 4GB. Does anyone have any recommendations either way? Anything I should be concerned about?

CrushEmAll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I personally go with the Class 6 A-Data card listed above. With the higher transfer rate and low access time, I don't think you can go wrong. Otherwise I would probably go for the Sandisk 4GB but my personal choice would be the A-Data one, I've had good success with it + Cyclo DS Evolution. Plenty of storage for not a helluva lot of $$$ .

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I posted this at TC too, but some might not see it there so here it is:
I just posted my cf_ds test results. With my Cyclo(black, 1.3fw) and my mem cards(Adata 4GB(MiT), Kingston 2GB,1GB,512MB(all MiJ) the Kingston 2GB was the slowest (and I had one of the faster 2GB posted so far). The other three were all very close.
Bottomline:
A-Data is a great card. Its on par with Kingston 1GB(MiJ) which everyone raves on and its faster than Kingston 2GB(MiJ)(which everyone also likes).

Edit: Also speed is not proportional to size (like some have implied.)

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
I posted this at TC too, but some might not see it there so here it is:
I just posted my cf_ds test results. With my Cyclo(black, 1.3fw) and my mem cards(Adata 4GB(MiT), Kingston 2GB,1GB,512MB(all MiJ) the Kingston 2GB was the slowest (and I had one of the faster 2GB posted so far). The other three were all very close.
Bottomline:
A-Data is a great card. Its on par with Kingston 1GB(MiJ) which everyone raves on and its faster than Kingston 2GB(MiJ)(which everyone also likes).

Edit: Also speed is not proportional to size (like some have implied.)

A-Data is this one right?
http://www.amazon.com/Data-SD-SDHC-4GB-Mem...5021&sr=8-1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...