Best micro sd for cyclods?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Death50, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Death50
    OP

Death50 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2008
    United States
    So what's the best micro sd or micro sdhcfor the cyclods evo that'll run games fine?? Is it still Kingston
    I'm looking in the ranges of 1-2 gigs. Dont really see a point in going past that unless it's cheap.

2. Bigmac8484

Bigmac8484 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    Arizona
    newegg get the kingston 1gb it might be taiwan but if your not playing castlevania portrait of ruin you are fine i have one it works perfectly

3. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
  4. honghong322

honghong322 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    I just purchased my CycloDS from RHS. I'm looking for a 4/8GB card to go into it now.. haha

5. Death50
    OP

Death50 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2008
    United States
  6. honghong322

honghong322 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    great buy! i just purchased the A-Data one from newegg and it was 27.xx shipped. Wasn't that bad at all!

7. CrushEmAll

CrushEmAll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2008
    Canada
    Just wondering if we were playing castlevania portrait of ruin. . .what would happen if I had a taiwan microsd card? I just ordered a 2GB sandisk so I hope I don't run into that problem because that is one of the main reasons I finally invested in a CycloDS evolution.

8. budrow66

budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    T.N.

Urza has it perfect !
    This card is great. I ordered 10 and they came last week. They run 0735 (POR) without a problem!
    Great buy Great price !!!!

9. Holliday

Holliday Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm getting ready to get a CycloDS this week and have been looking at the best SDHC cards. I'm down to a Kingston 4GB or SanDisk 4GB. Does anyone have any recommendations either way? Anything I should be concerned about?

10. CrushEmAll

CrushEmAll Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2008
    Canada
    I personally go with the Class 6 A-Data card listed above. With the higher transfer rate and low access time, I don't think you can go wrong. Otherwise I would probably go for the Sandisk 4GB but my personal choice would be the A-Data one, I've had good success with it + Cyclo DS Evolution. Plenty of storage for not a helluva lot of $$$ .

11. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    I posted this at TC too, but some might not see it there so here it is:
    I just posted my cf_ds test results. With my Cyclo(black, 1.3fw) and my mem cards(Adata 4GB(MiT), Kingston 2GB,1GB,512MB(all MiJ) the Kingston 2GB was the slowest (and I had one of the faster 2GB posted so far). The other three were all very close.
    Bottomline:
    A-Data is a great card. Its on par with Kingston 1GB(MiJ) which everyone raves on and its faster than Kingston 2GB(MiJ)(which everyone also likes).

Edit: Also speed is not proportional to size (like some have implied.)

12. xCuteBunnyx

xCuteBunnyx GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2008
    United States
    A-Data is this one right?
    http://www.amazon.com/Data-SD-SDHC-4GB-Mem...5021&sr=8-1

13. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel