PS1/2 Best looking PS2 games?

BetterDuck

I am truly remarded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously this is going to be subjective. And by best looking I don't mean the most graphically intensive/highest poly count, etc. I mean the most stylized, aesthetically appealing games.

Here's some of my picks:
God of War 2 - The graphics and aesthetics are gorgeous even if they're disgusting at times. And the grand sense of scale that some of the levels give off is just incredible at times.

Klonoa 2 - I'm gonna be honest, I just started playing this game. But the designs of characters and enemies so far looks really solid and unique, the same goes for the levels.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - the use of colors as well as the complexity of a lot of models has always been pretty impressive to me, and I love the weird steampunk aesthetic. Honestly I think it looks better than Jak 2 & 3. Those games just look so muddy and washed out.

God Hand - one of the most uniquely weird games I've played on the PS2, in gameplay, story and aesthetics. I love the wacky, westernish, anime-esque, almost post-apocalyptic style of the world and think it's definitely good looking in it's own ways.

What are some of your guy's picks?(that is, if you guys aren't just an empty comment section)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Odin Sphere - Almost ridiculously lush and teeming with movement, Odin Sphere's world is a living, breathing painting come to life with massive boss fights and rich, detailed locales. One of if not the most beautiful looking 2d game ever on any system.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Odin Sphere - Almost ridiculously lush and teeming with movement, Odin Sphere's world is a living, breathing painting come to life with massive boss fights and rich, detailed locales. One of if not the most beautiful looking 2d game ever on any system.
Its super slow though.
Can't play ps2 version since I played it on vita with overclock.

I wanna say dark cloud was OK looking.
Okami of course.

And the final Fantasy games were all very nice for the time.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Since the remake, many people are sure to disagree, but for me it's still the most graphically elaborate PlayStation 2 game.

ps2_shadow_of_the_colossus-110214.jpg

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember Kingdom Hearts (1) blowing my mind when they used the higher poly models during cutscenes and how expressive characters were. Square's games in general. Xenosaga with its long cutscenes. Sonic Unleashed looks pretty on it. The Jak and Daxter games, Sly Cooper games, and Ratchet and Clank games all look pretty good too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol