Best installer to replace Awoo ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I've tried: AtmoXL, DBI, Goldleaf, Tinleaf, Tinwoo, Awoo.

The only 2 that work properly are: DBI and Goldleaf.

I don't see a way to select multiple NSP files to queue install in Goldleaf so DBI wins ?
(All the others crash when installing the new Minecraft update)

Also interesting is the fact that in DBI when you select multiple NSP's that contain the main software + update,
it can actually install the update first and then the main program,- I'm guessing this doesn't create issues ?!
Those crashes are going to lead to your exFAT card corrupting. You should switch to FAT32.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far so good, I even scanned the SD card on my PC and looks good :)

I switched to DBI for now, so no more crashes.
"so far so good" until it corrupts, you shouldn't be so ignorant when others say that frequently: change to FAT32 or you will regret it sooner or later.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hop on the band wagon but I agree with the rest bout exfat. I used to run it and thought I would be fine too, untill my card got corrupted (not once but twice) ultimately, nintendo's shitty exfat driver isn't good if you use homebrews (and just play games but seems less likely) hence why alot (if not all) of guides say to use fat32. I cant remember the reason besides something bout allocation tables and data not being saved when encountering a crash.

So its highly suggested to make the move, and save yourself the trouble

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Switchwise, you can easily slice the 4GB+ files with the archive bit, and use them even on FAT32.

So there's no downsides at all.
Just because a problem has a solution, even a very easy one, doesn't mean it's not a problem. You can't just drag and drop a >4GB file into a FAT32 partition. You have to split it first. That's a downside.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because a problem has a solution, even a very easy one, doesn't mean it's not a problem. You can't just drag and drop a >4GB file into a FAT32 partition. You have to split it first. That's a downside.
It's hard for me to come up with a situation in which there should be any files over 4GB that you're dragging to your SD card.

Reactions: mathew77

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's hard for me to come up with a situation in which there should be any files over 4GB that you're dragging to your SD card.
Many larger games come in NSP or XCI files that are bigger than 4GB. Way back when, if we wanted to install a game to a modded Switch, we'd copy that file from the PC to the SD card, boot up the Switch and install the game from it, deleting it after the installation. To be able to install NSPs larger than 4GB, we'd have to split them into <4GB files, put them in a folder with a name that ended in .nsp and which had the archive bit set, and copy that to the SD card instead. Not too complicated, but a bit time consuming.

Nowadays, we can install NSPs via network, MTP, thumb drive/external hard drive, for all I know Bluetooth installation is somewhere over the horizon, so copying NSPs to the SD card isn't as popular as it once was, but having done it a lot, I can tell you that the 4GB limit is very much a downside.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many larger games come in NSP or XCI files that are bigger than 4GB. Way back when, if we wanted to install a game to a modded Switch, we'd copy that file from the PC to the SD card, boot up the Switch and install the game from it, deleting it after the installation. To be able to install NSPs larger than 4GB, we'd have to split them into <4GB files, put them in a folder with a name that ended in .nsp and which had the archive bit set, and copy that to the SD card instead. Not too complicated, but a bit time consuming.

Nowadays, we can install NSPs via network, MTP, thumb drive/external hard drive, for all I know Bluetooth installation is somewhere over the horizon, so copying NSPs to the SD card isn't as popular as it once was, but having done it a lot, I can tell you that the 4GB limit is very much a downside.
My point was that nobody should be copying a large NSP file directly to the SD card.

Reactions: Youffie

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan

You know about the DBI functional, right? Just drag'n'drop any NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ files into the Switch 'MicroSD install' folder with DBI, and voilà, no need to split any files at all, even with FAT32.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know about the DBI functional, right?
Do I?
Nowadays, we can install NSPs via network, MTP, thumb drive/external hard drive [...]
Welp, it looks like I do. And would you look at that, I made it clear that I did before you asked. Let me say it again: a problem with a solution is still a problem. That's why people take medicine when they're sick, it's not enough that the medicine exists, you have to actually take it, and you only do because getting sick is still a problem.

Last edited by Gep_Etto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries