Best HTML browser

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by laurenz, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008

Best HTML browser by laurenz at 11:49 AM (1,084 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. laurenz
    OP

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Hello people!
    I was wondering what the best application is for viewing HTML files from the storage device.
    It has to be sort of like the Opera browser. That means that the page doesn't get cropped inside the DS resolution, but you get to see a overview and be able to scroll to what you want to view.
    It should also be able to support animated GIFs and probably CSS too.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Doesn't exist. DSOrganize can view .html files and do some basic formatting, but you're not going to get anything even close to the Opera browser.

3. colin1337

Newcomer colin1337 Newbie

United States
    okiwi.
    i havent been into homebrew in forever, i used to always be on top of the new developments and whatnot, but last time i checked, okiwi could run html files, and was quite similar to the opera browser.

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    If you like the opera interface, you can unpack the opera rom with DSbuff, chuck your html files into a folder, repack the rom and the will be accessible from within the opera browser (i can't quite remember what address you enter into the url field or if you have to put them in a specific folder or edit one of the html files to link to them).

I've done it before and it works fine, however if the files are big, it doesnt manage them very well.