PS1/2 best hd options for ps2

bob_742

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i have an 720 plasma and i recently started playing my ps2 again and i was wondering what is my best option for a better picture. im guessing component cables are my best bet but is there really a big difference between component and vga.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not that much.. Still if the console is your only component usable console, go for it. I have my PS2 via component and Wii via SCART, not really that big a difference between them. Still the quality is better for Component vs SCART.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about some kind of HDMI converter/upscaler? It won't improve the graphics (like a HD remake would) but it should make the display a lot clearer.

bialy_gibson

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I recommend component cable. It's cheap, the image is sharper, colors are more vibrant, and it enables the use of progressive scan in some games (see wikipedia list).

Flappyraccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased an XRGB-mini Framemeister a month or so ago. That has to be the only solution out there for a crisp image from 240-480i sources on an HDTV. It's really pricey though :(

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased an XRGB-mini Framemeister a month or so ago. That has to be the only solution out there for a crisp image from 240-480i sources on an HDTV. It's really pricey though :(

Wow, that's expensive. Great but expensive...HD Box Pro is probably a good budget option.

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it can run GS Mode Selector (by using FMCB) then just get some component cables.

I just bought a component cable a few days ago on eBay for $5. Got it today and the difference is amazing. I can actually read the letters on an HDTV, weird right? It makes it really crisp.
That's just standard 480i though (or 480p if the game supports it)

I mentioned GSMode Selector because using that you can force the PS2 to upscale to 480p, 720p, or 1080i if you wanted to. I don't see much of a difference between them though, because it isn't true HD and nothing can ever make it that way, so I just keep it unmodified @ 480i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0