Homebrew Best Genesis Rom 3DS???

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tried genplus from retroarch but the frame rate is still pretty terrible on o3ds, are there any alternatives?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've tried genplus from retroarch but the frame rate is still pretty terrible on o3ds, are there any alternatives?

You're going to have a pretty bad time trying to use Gen Plus on O3DS; it's a lot more accurate (and hence slower). Stick with Picodrive as they suggested.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are you planning on playing? I recommend Herzog Zwei (Is that how you spell it?) and Sonic 2. My 2 favorites for the genesis.

D

Deleted User

Thanks people, picodrive works like a charm
Great! Also, it's not part of the question, but I recommend these games (especially the bold ones):
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Flicky
Megaman: The Wily Wars
Pulseman
Ristar
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog

Toe Jam & Earl
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

EDIT: Not that I'm condoning piracy or anything...
emulators.png

Last edited by ,

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great! Also, it's not part of the question, but I recommend these games (especially the bold ones):
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Flicky
Megaman: The Wily Wars
Pulseman
Ristar
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog

Toe Jam & Earl
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm an old skool gamer though played and completed most of those 15 odd years ago, I would add a few more like
Smash TV
Ghouls n Ghosts
Ecco the Dolphin
Streets Of Rage
Desert Strike
Lion King

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have a pretty bad time trying to use Gen Plus on O3DS; it's a lot more accurate (and hence slower). Stick with Picodrive as they suggested.
None of the emulators people have made for the 3DS are accurate whatsoever. They're all horrendously slow and only achieve a 60FPS frame counter by using frame skip/duplicating frames.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
None of the emulators people have made for the 3DS are accurate whatsoever. They're all horrendously slow and only achieve a 60FPS frame counter by using frame skip/duplicating frames.

If you say so. Gen Plus is extremely accurate (not quite cycle-accurate, I don't think, but still, unless the RetoArch team added in hacks, it's one of the most accurate Genesis emulators with good performance too). It also has a constant 60 FPS on N3DS with no frameskipping or duplicating.

https://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/wiki/Features

Last edited by daxtsu,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Accuracy and speed are two different things when it comes to emulation. Accuracy refers to how comparatively close the emulator runs to the original system. Speed is pretty self explanatory. Gen plus is sacrificing speed to have the emulator be as close to a 1:1 copy of the original system as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end