D.aisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

So, I was planning on buying a 3 n 1 for my DS lite, but I decided I wanted a GBA flash cart also.

I was going to just get a GBA sized 3 n 1, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do want I want on it.

The main things I want to do are: Play Pokemon and Pokemon Hacks, and trade to my Retail pokemon Carts.
Play GBA movies, Back-up my DS retail carts, and Back-up my DS retail cart saves.

That being said, just I still get a 3 n 1 GBA sized, or is there a different cart I should purchase?

Thanks in advance for your help!
smile.gif

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get a 3in1 for a GBA, unless you plan to only play one game for a while.

A 3in1 can only hold 1 game at a time and you'll need a DS to write a new rom to it.

The only real advantage to having a 3in1 is that when you write the rom to it, the cart works like a retail cart. In other words, it'll boot up directly in any GBA, and the DS will recognize it in cases like if you had Pokemon Ruby on the 3in1 and you were playing Pokemon Diamond and went into the pal Park, you'd be able to migrate Pokemon from the 3in1. I don't know of any other flashcart that does that, but I'm not that experienced with GBA carts.

I can't recommend a specific cart, but I do recommend against a 3in1 for your purposes. You'll want a cart that uses a memory card for storage (SD, miniSD, microSD).

D.aisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neonix said:
Don't get a 3in1 for a GBA, unless you plan to only play one game for a while.

A 3in1 can only hold 1 game at a time and you'll need a DS to write a new rom to it.

The only real advantage to having a 3in1 is that when you write the rom to it, the cart works like a retail cart. In other words, it'll boot up directly in any GBA, and the DS will recognize it in cases like if you had Pokemon Ruby on the 3in1 and you were playing Pokemon Diamond and went into the pal Park, you'd be able to migrate Pokemon from the 3in1. I don't know of any other flashcart that does that, but I'm not that experienced with GBA carts.

I can't recommend a specific cart, but I do recommend against a 3in1 for your purposes. You'll want a cart that uses a memory card for storage (SD, miniSD, microSD).

Wait, so would that mean that I could pal park to my Diamond Retail card with out any patching?
Also would that mean I could trade btw pokemon GBA game on 3n1 and a retail pokemon GBA game without any patching or trouble?
Because, that's my priority, so, I could deal with having to use my DS to write the roms.

D.aisuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
he was refering to the gba link port, its not on the micro.

The micro has a link port, but it needs an adaptor to make it bigger so that you can use the link cable. I have extra regular GBA that I use for linking.

Yeah, the device Linkiboy posted looks good, but I need something with RTC, or does nothing have that anymore?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
they made a data cable for the micro? I never seen one before. only those for power.

your pretty much late to the party son. you can get a gba flash cart with RTC second hand.

you can always try the XG-Flash carts from ic2005.com, those seem to still be in stock, overpriced for whats it worth.

or you can get 2 of these so you can transfer between 2 pokemon games. and yes this comes with a gba shell:

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/m3-perfect-l...pter-p-871.html

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
they made a data cable for the micro? I never seen one before. only those for power.

Yup, I have one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Micro
"Nintendo redesigned the ports of the Game Boy Micro. The game link port on the Game Boy Micro differs from the Game Boy Advance SP, and it is not compatible with the Game Boy Advance SP's functions without the necessary Micro-specific cables. While the headphone jack port has been restored (an omission in the Game Boy Advance SP), gamers must buy two link cables (Game Boy Micro to Game Boy Micro and Game Boy Micro to Game Boy Advance) to restore full multiplayer functionality. The Nintendo.com store lists the two cables at US$9.95 and US$7.95 respectively. Also, the GameCube-Game Boy Advance cable does not work with the Game Boy Micro."

...though nearly always I use the regular Game Boy Advance SP for gaming; the Micro's screen is too small and less comfortable to hold, IMO.

Smooth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody mentioned the EZFlash IV Lite Deluxe (sans 'lip') in regards to the Gameboy Micro in this topic here.
It seems impossible though to get a hold of this card nowadays.

I'm also still looking for a reliable solution.

As for the Supercard DS Mini, I'm not too fond of the supercard product line in general. Does it flush fit into the Micro?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Best regards,
Smooth

Smooth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, that said, which card (that can still be bought) would you recommend for the Micro?
Since I already have an M3 Perfect (slot 2) I am looking for a solution with 100% compatibility (sans RTC), best if you don't have to patch every game, that fits flush into the Micro.
I hope I haven't missed any suggestions up until here - but I just can't seem to find a card that meets these 3 requirements.

EDIT: I just checked out the review of the EZ Flash IV MiniSD. It seems this card fits my needs - Is there anything noteworthy that i missed?

QUOTE said:
Also, I want to say that the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe is quite a nice flash cart, and superior to the EZ Flash IV MiniSD in many ways. If you are able to find an empty GBA case such as a spare M3 GBA shell, or have an old useless GBA game, you can mod the case to make the EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe fit into a Gameboy Advance console, which provides a far better solution than the EZ Flash IV MiniSD

Could anyone provide more information on this 'case mod'. How hard would it be to do that?

Best regards,
Smooth

Smooth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just that I'm not too fond of the fact that the M3 Perfect sticks out of the slot 2. (But I do get your point)

Best regards,
Smooth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...