Hacking Best firmware for ps4 jailbreak?

Justinpufdbj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in buying a ps4, but I do not know much about the jailbreaking status for the ps4. I know that the latest firmware cannot be hacked. I am looking at a 1.76, 4.55, and a 4.73. They all vary in prices, so I'm trying to find the best deal. I am wondering if there has been a way to play online with any version of cfw. That is my main concern. I can't find anything online, but I find it hard to believe that no one has released a psn spoof like there was on the PS3. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Reactions: apfelsaft45

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.76 for decrypting firmware, however higher firmwares will do this soon.

I would avoid the 4.7x ones in case they’re bd bugged and stuck.

Either way 5.05 ftw. No PSN access can be had unless on highest firmware. PSN spoofing is not the same as for ps3.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long you get a fully working unit 5.05 or under you are good to go, as far as @KiiWii said, yea try to avoid firmware on 4.7x, you just gonna be stuck on firmware with a problem, as long you get a working exploitable unit you are good to go.

Justinpufdbj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip*

The cheapest one that I am looking at is 4.73. I know there was a reply that said to avoid the 4.7x, if I updates to the 5.05 cfw, wouldn't that eliminate the problem?
Also, I have pulled up some info that talks about 4.55 and 5.05 jailbreaks. I am wondering which one is better, and why.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*snip*

The cheapest one that I am looking at is 4.73. I know there was a reply that said to avoid the 4.7x, if I updates to the 5.05 cfw, wouldn't that eliminate the problem?
Also, I have pulled up some info that talks about 4.55 and 5.05 jailbreaks. I am wondering which one is better, and why.

If it’s on 4.7x there’s a chance it cannot be updated. It was a known bug in the 4.7x firmware, so I would avoid just in case.

4.55 was the golden firmware at one point but to be honest 5.05 is far superior now with more payloads, more homebrew and more backups working without modification required.

If you ran 4.55 you could only run 4.55 and below games. To run a game that requires 5.05 on 4.55 you would need to extract the fpkg downgrade the files to 4.5X (using equivalent SDK files), repack and hope it works.... aka ballache.

Reactions: Justinpufdbj

Eraqus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it’s on 4.7x there’s a chance it cannot be updated. It was a known bug in the 4.7x firmware, so I would avoid just in case.
WOW, it looks like making some research was really useful for me. I have never heard about this and it is quiet decisive. Does this bug still exist ? If i get a brand new unsealed ps4 pro (let's say fifa 18) on firmware 4.7x (4.73 for ex), does it mean i would not be able to update to 5.05 ?

Thanks

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WOW, it looks like making some research was really useful for me. I have never heard about this and it is quiet decisive. Does this bug still exist ? If i get a brand new unsealed ps4 pro (let's say fifa 18) on firmware 4.7x (4.73 for ex), does it mean i would not be able to update to 5.05 ?

Thanks

I think factory definitely pushed out 4.70. I’m not 100% sure factory pushed 4.71/4.72 ... perhaps also 4.73/4.74 there have been very few confirmations.

You can take a gamble, or use known facts to avoid issues.

It seems to be consoles that were updated to this FW by user (online or by usb) were affected.

We also know that 5.00 + broken BD + try to update = brick, but that should be a non-issue.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: Eraqus

Eraqus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What do u mean by factory pushed out those firmwares ? I have basic english so not familar with these expressions. My bad :blush:

Eraqus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, if i have wel understood the story... You may not be able to update to 5.05 starting from these firmwares (4.7x = 4.70, 4.71, 4.72. 4.73, 4.74) because more security was placed by the factory.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, if i have wel understood the story... You may not be able to update to 5.05 starting from these firmwares (4.7x = 4.70, 4.71, 4.72. 4.73, 4.74) because more security was placed by the factory.

Not security, a bug.

It was a known bug that sony offered to replace units if affected. It didn't affect every one.

Afaik: the latest version consoles are easy to replace BD drive (probably for this reason), compared to old models that had to be paired (iirc).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not security, a bug.

It was a known bug that sony offered to replace units if affected. It didn't affect every one.

Afaik: the latest version consoles are easy to replace BD drive (probably for this reason), compared to old models that had to be paired (iirc).

Yea older model BD are married to the unit motherboard they are married with, ain't easy to repair that.

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1