Best emulators for android

D

Deleted User

Search for GBCoid and proceed to install all of the ones the dev made. They're not on the play store, so you'll have to search on another place.
ePSXe for Playstation, PPSSPP Gold for PSP and DraStic for NDS. I think the Dolphin team also made an android port of the Gamecube emulator.

Samsung64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowsapps.org
XP
Country
Canada
Search for GBCoid and proceed to install all of the ones the dev made. They're not on the play store, so you'll have to search on another place.
ePSXe for Playstation, PPSSPP Gold for PSP and DraStic for NDS. I think the Dolphin team also made an android port of the Gamecube emulator.

Thanks Man. best Regards

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just found Drastic is not free, I didn't know. (I'm new to android)
It appears there were a free demo available, with limited session play time, but not available anymore.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Best emulators for android? it must be free, adless, for lot of consoles including mainstream

Because paying $2 for an application that will let you access 100s of old school games on *every* Android device you own now, and are likwlito own in the foreseeable future, is such a freaking chore, isn't it?

D

Deleted User

Because paying $2 for an application that will let you access 100s of old school games on *every* Android device you own now, and are likwlito own in the foreseeable future, is such a freaking chore, isn't it?
If so many emulators on PC are both free and open source, then why should I have to pay to use a closed-off piece of paid software that does pretty much the same thing?

Takahashi60

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just found Drastic is not free, I didn't know. (I'm new to android)
It appears there were a free demo available, with limited session play time, but not available anymore.
Is there a site that has safe clean cracked Drastic?

Last edited by Takahashi60,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For my Nvidia Shield TV I have

Retroarch for majority.
Reicast latest CL build for DC
Dolphin latest nightly for GC/Wii
Mupen64 AE FZ for N64 (retroarch parallel and mupen are better imho)
Mame4droid
FBAXdroid (I think.. SF3/Red Earth etc)
PPSSPP latest nightly for PSP
Virtual Jaguar
... and more I think lol

D

Deleted User

Is there a site that has safe clean cracked Drastic?
No matter the website I found that you'll always need root in order to use lucky patcher to crack it. Try apkpure or apkmaniafull.
Because it seems silly to pay for a piece of software that pretty much promotes piracy and, most of the times, uses a piece of software (bios) that is illegal to distribute and obviously sell. The only bios file you can own is a backup of the one that comes with the console that you bought, therefore you need the tools to do so. Also, everyone sees money differently. I spent 5200£ today on something that I needed, but if I spent money on every single piece of software that I pirated until today, I probably wouldn't have been able to buy it as soon. To each his own.

Reactions: Takahashi60
D

Deleted User

Because that's what the software costs on Android?
Point is, paid PC emulators have been practically unheard of since the late 90's/early 2000's, and open-source ports of emulators to various systems (Wii, PSP, Dreamcast, DS, 3DS, RPi, etc.) have become the norm pretty much everywhere. Seeing non-free, non-open-source emulators on a platform that's more powerful than the systems I just mentioned is downright unnatural to a lot of users.

Besides, people who use emulators often pirate their games to play them at all. Many are not willing to have to pay to play their pirated games; that's downright counter-intuitive. You could argue that the same approach applies to flashcarts, but flashcarts are for playing games on original hardware; that shouldn't be an issue for a system that's several times as powerful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...