best emulators for android

Discussion in 'Android' started by jamespoo, May 6, 2011.

May 6, 2011

best emulators for android by jamespoo at 2:41 AM (1,692 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. jamespoo
    OP

Member jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    please tell me the best ones i need ones for sage mega drive and master system and for gb gbc n64 nes snes commodore 64 atari mame ect

ones were you can do i high frame skip

thanks

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    well you can find most of those here

there used to be more but 3rd party companies pushed google to pull them (you may try getting them from 3rd party markets etc.)

3. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Just a quick thought... That Youngz guy is breaking the GPL by charging for ported emulators. If you want a great free GBA emulator. Search For "Tiger GBA".... If you need a SNES emulator. search "SNES9X ES".... as for sega stuff... you might have to resort to the yongz guy. If you're phone is powerful enough. you can emulate playstation 1 games. PSX4droid.... As for N64 games... Yongz released one but pulled it due to people complaining about compatibility.. you can side load it by going to 4shared.com and searching for N64oid.apk.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    he used to have gensoid for genesis and some sort of mega drive emulator too, but as i said they got pulled with a few others i can't remember

and how do you know that those are ports? and that he didn't make them? (not trying to be an ass, serious question)

5. Game Dragon

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi Terminator02
    I could use your advice right now, at the moment I have got a PSP 3000 soft moded and a DSi XL with a DSTWO Flash Card to play all my retro games like PSX, Amiga, SNES, GBA, Genesis act, would it be worth to replace them with a Android 7" Tablet PV210 Samsung and using Android emulators?

6. ferdi-t

Member ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I personally wouldn't buy an android tab, at least not for emulating. When you play with a tablet you don't have a gamepad, meaning the games you play would have onscreen keys. Which sound nice, but in practice this amounts to clumsiness. When you have an onscreen keyboard you don't feel (and thus don't actually know) if you're holding the right button or not, which makes games pretty hard.

A good example in Mario Bros 1. At the end of the level you climb the blocks and take a huge leap towards the flagpole. This means pushing right while holding B and pressing A to jump (could be the other way around). That's three buttons which is easy to do on a gamepad, but a hassle to do on a virtual keyboard. You'd have to choose between looking at Mario and looking at your fingers, which is bound to mess up either your input or your timing.

So my advise: stick to the PSP:the setup you have is already quite brilliant for gaming purposes.

The Xperia Play might do the trick, though.

7. Game Dragon

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I am going to couple a WII Bluetooth game controller to the Android like what I saw on You Tube
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/A2LD-WIRELESS-R...=item20ba062884
    But this looks better
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gamepad-joypad-...=item3f0a613964

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Source: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Try reading the GPL before parroting other people's incorrect claims. That section clearly states that a compiled version of any GPL-based code can be distributed, for free or for a charge, provided the source is also available for no extra charge (i.e. it doesn't have to be free if the program in question is not free, but by purchasing the program, you must be given access to source). I don't know if this is the case here, but it is certainly not breaking the GPL to charge for the ported emulators.

EDIT: Poking around a bit, I think he may not have made source available. That is breaking the GPL. Not the fact that he charged.

10. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Snes9x isn't on GPL yet. This is what I put in the news thread about the emulators.