Gaming Best DVD Ripper?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
DVDdecrypter and AutoGK = DivX

DVDdecrypter and DVD Shrink = DVD backup ( been a long long time since i done this though )

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DVDDecrypter/DVDFab to rip movie (when I do it through DVDfab, I rebuild the ISO through IMGBURN, mount with alcohol, then rerip through DVDDecrypter) for the movie rip. I'm still looking for a good converter but Xilisoft is all right. Ripbot 264 is pretty good too.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I like how DVDFab lets you remove the stuff you don't need (like additional languages), but I switched to AnyDVD HD because it had Blu-ray decryption first, and gets quite frequent updates.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using DVDFab for a while now. I like it cos it's nice, simple and quick. Come across a couple of problems though with a couple of discs. When I tried to rip ALF S1 and Sledge Hammer S2 to DivX it just causes DVDFab to lock up.

I've tried running them through DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink first. Both of those rip them fine, but still the same problem when I try to convert them to Xvid. I thought maybe it was protection, but DVD Decrypter doesn't find anything on them except the usual Macrovision stuff.

Just tried ripping Hero (the Jet Li film) earlier and it's the strangest one of the lot. I can rip it and play it using both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, but when I try to use DVDFab it just gives me 1 title to rip which is the opening Dolby Digital clip! It just doesn't see any of the other titles/chapters. The disc itself is the oriignal region free GDFace Mainland China extended edition.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing the problems, or can recommend another ripper to try? I don't want anything over-complicated and don't need anything with loads of filters. Just something that'll let me pick the titles I want to rip and then hit a button to rip them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night