Best DS2Key/DSPad setup?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Vague Rant, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Vague Rant
    OP

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I'm basically completely lost on this. On the DS side, should I be using DS2Key or DSPad? Same question for the PC side, except that there's a third server available called xDS2Key. Is there any way to have mouse support without running PP2Joy? Pretty sure that's everything. Thanks for any help.

2. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    i use DS2Win Fusion v0.82 myself.
    it has good mouse support, tough it's keyboard functions don't work in most games.

3. 4zndude345

4zndude345 Banned

Banned
    Aug 23, 2008
    United States
    Canada
    games like maplestory

4. Vague Rant
    OP

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Just thought I'd let everybody know that DSPad and xDS2Key was a massive failure for me. The mouse controls worked fine (as fine as it could the way it's set up; I'd prefer it to act more like a touchpad than like a tablet, but oh well), but the actual buttons only worked on every eighth press or so, making it completely unusable. I ended up using DSPad 0.2 with the regular DS2Key server (version 0.7 beta). There's a newer version of DSPad, but the xDS2Key author recommended using the older version, so that's what I had around when I switched to using DS2Key from the x version. I guess I'll try out the newer version next and see how that works.

EDIT: DSPad 0.2b works fine with DS2Key 0.7 beta, so I guess I'll be using that until something better (like a fixed xDS2Key) is released.