Best DS2Key/DSPad setup?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Vague Rant, Aug 24, 2008.

Aug 24, 2008

Best DS2Key/DSPad setup? by Vague Rant at 10:43 AM (2,316 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I'm basically completely lost on this. On the DS side, should I be using DS2Key or DSPad? Same question for the PC side, except that there's a third server available called xDS2Key. Is there any way to have mouse support without running PP2Joy? Pretty sure that's everything. Thanks for any help.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i use DS2Win Fusion v0.82 myself.
    it has good mouse support, tough it's keyboard functions don't work in most games.

3. 4zndude345

Banned 4zndude345 Banned

United States
    games like maplestory

4. Vague Rant
    OP

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Just thought I'd let everybody know that DSPad and xDS2Key was a massive failure for me. The mouse controls worked fine (as fine as it could the way it's set up; I'd prefer it to act more like a touchpad than like a tablet, but oh well), but the actual buttons only worked on every eighth press or so, making it completely unusable. I ended up using DSPad 0.2 with the regular DS2Key server (version 0.7 beta). There's a newer version of DSPad, but the xDS2Key author recommended using the older version, so that's what I had around when I switched to using DS2Key from the x version. I guess I'll try out the newer version next and see how that works.

EDIT: DSPad 0.2b works fine with DS2Key 0.7 beta, so I guess I'll be using that until something better (like a fixed xDS2Key) is released.