Homebrew Best DS emulator for 3DS ?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the flasher stores a backup of the flash-storage of the cart.ya just Restore. in the case of the AK2i and any reason it rejects it, just rerun the last FW Updater for it which work sin TWLoader too.

Hmm, well here's the thing, I bought it from a friend, so I never was the one who made the back up, but he did. He could send me the file, but he stated that I'd have to uninstall Boot9Strap or whatever it's called for it to work. Is there any way to just restore the card and leave it at that? Bleh. I have an R4 Gold.

It makes a backup of the original firmware and you just restore that.

I assumed it was more tricky than that, like having to remove the boot9strap from the 2DS XL?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used an R4 gold to flash a N2DS XL with Luma and NTRBoot, how do you un-flash the cart to use for DS games? I take it the process is a pain?

When reading through the guide you'll see the following:
Note that the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it (except for in the case of the Acekard 2i, which remains functional on 3DS systems with custom firmware installed only). There are optional steps at the end of the ntrboot flashing instructions to remove it from your flashcart when you are done.
So once you are done using the flashcart for this purpose they do tell you how to revert back to a regular flash cart.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well here's the thing, I bought it from a friend, so I never was the one who made the back up, but he did. He could send me the file, but he stated that I'd have to uninstall 9SBootStrapper or whatever it's called for it to work. Is there any way to just restore the card and leave it at that?
i fits an AK2i unless it Magled the card you should still have flashcart functionality, and just run the last FW Updater file if he doesnt send the backup, (i think thats the DSi 1.4.5 update ?) i could try and make a flash backup of mine but... it Could make more of a mess if its a Cloned cheapo version. or isnt the HWID8080 revision

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When reading through the guide you'll see the following:
Note that the flashcart will not be able to be used for its standard functions while the ntrboot exploit is installed on it (except for in the case of the Acekard 2i, which remains functional on 3DS systems with custom firmware installed only). There are optional steps at the end of the ntrboot flashing instructions to remove it from your flashcart when you are done.
So once you are done using the flashcart for this purpose they do tell you how to revert back to a regular flash cart.

But that in that case, nothing on Boot9Strap, Luma CFW, the 2DS XL itself, will be unaffected? Sometimes that guide isn't 100% clear, I just want to be sure that it'll be safe to do this, provided I get his backup files for the card, correct?

i fits an AK2i unless it Magled the card you should still have flashcart functionality, and just run the last FW Updater file if he doesnt send the backup, (i think thats the DSi 1.4.5 update ?) i could try and make a flash backup of mine but... it Could make more of a mess if its a Cloned cheapo version. or isnt the HWID8080 revision

I see a guide here at the bottom that instructs one how to restore the flashcart to normal, and from the looks of it, nothing on my CFW hacked 2DS XL should be affected.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Edit: Correction, it's the R4i 3DS RTS v 8.1 or something to that effect.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that in that case, nothing on Boot9Strap, Luma CFW, the 2DS XL itself, will be unaffected? Sometimes that guide isn't 100% clear, I just want to be sure that it'll be safe to do this, provided I get his backup files for the card, correct?

I see a guide here at the bottom that instructs one how to restore the flashcart to normal, and from the looks of it, nothing on my CFW hacked 2DS XL should be affected.
https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Edit: Correction, it's the R4i 3DS RTS v 8.1 or something to that effect.
hmm the R4i 3DS RTS and not the Gold? if its the gold i can dump that as well. (i got the Gold before native patches in luma allowed blocked cards to function as if they had no issue. plus having 2 3DS's now makes for easy local multiplayer-trading.)

D

Deleted User

there was a desmume.cia that was around before twloader but I never got it working
anyone else get it working?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm the R4i 3DS RTS and not the Gold? if its the gold i can dump that as well. (i got the Gold before native patches in luma allowed blocked cards to function as if they had no issue. plus having 2 3DS's now makes for easy local multiplayer-trading.)

Yes, I didn't see Gold in the name, but it's clearly one of the NTR compatible flash cards, and it worked perfectly on my end when I installed the CFW. I'll still need a second micro SD card then, since it needs the Luma folder with the payload, and the SD card that came with the XL has it on there. No idea how that's gonna work with only one SD card.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I didn't see Gold in the name, but it's clearly one of the NTR compatible flash cards, and it worked perfectly on my end when I installed the CFW. I'll still need a second micro SD card then, since it needs the Luma folder with the payload, and the SD card that came with the XL has it on there. No idea how that's gonna work with only one SD card.
just needs be on the 3DS to restore the flashcart, give me a few i'll make and send you it's dump.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just needs be on the 3DS to restore the flashcart, give me a few i'll make and send you it's dump.

But I'll need an SD card for the flash card, no? The only SD card I have is the one that came with the 2DS XL, I don't see how I can use that and the flashcart while keeping CFW or the Luma folder on the one SD card.

4 GB is all I have, the card that came with the system, but how can I flash the flashcart if I can't insert its SD into the flashcart? :wtf::wacko:

Well the other problem is I wouldn't be able to store DS games and keep an SD inside the 2DS XL slot, so yeah, I need a second card anyway.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I'll need an SD card for the flash card, no? The only SD card I have is the one that came with the 2DS XL, I don't see how I can use that and the flashcart while keeping CFW or the Luma folder on the one SD card.

4 GB is all I have, the card that came with the system, but how can I flash the flashcart if I can't insert its SD into the flashcart? :wtf::wacko:

Well the other problem is I wouldn't be able to store DS games and keep an SD inside the 2DS XL slot, so yeah, I need a second card anyway.
trying to find my O3DS where it's in... but no not really, https://github.com/kitling/ntrboot_flasher/releases/tag/v0.2.0 this is the 3DS Side flasher (its bit Obscured but its the "3DS multisystem" part of the NTRBoot guide)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

trying to find my O3DS where it's in... but no not really, https://github.com/kitling/ntrboot_flasher/releases/tag/v0.2.0 this is the 3DS Side flasher (its bit Obscured but its the "3DS multisystem" part of the NTRBoot guide)
ummm. ok THATS a problem... to make it easier to grab just off mSD Management... >_> my N3DS aftre it froze last night mucking with the Minecraft port had to be hard cycled and it just stood now for over a min black screen and blinking the Wifi light like it was an Error code, but now that it eventually got to to Home Menu, let me make that dump for ya,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So I don't have to put the SD card in the flashcart? Still, I'll need to do that if I want to load DS games off of the flashcart I would think. So you're saying I don't need more than one SD card? Pretty sure I'll need two so I can dedicate one to VC injects and the other for DS ROMs. I don't see how it'd work otherwise. I need a bigger card anyway, 4 GB isn't enough.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't have to put the SD card in the flashcart? Still, I'll need to do that if I want to load DS games off of the flashcart I would think. So you're saying I don't need more than one SD card? Pretty sure I'll need two so I can dedicate one to VC injects and the other for DS ROMs. I don't see how it'd work otherwise. I need a bigger card anyway, 4 GB isn't enough.
well to use it for its purpose to load roms yes, as to restore it to proper functionality as a flashcard? No. as for TWLoader a flashcard is kinda just.. "Second microSD" than assisting any game loading. now i dont know if the R4i Gold is much akin to the AK2i so i'll send the dump in PM (the AK2i has a full rom within its firmware so outside a updater , a fullbackup of the AK2i cant really be posted on GBATemp,) a 4GB Card if it is a spare card, is actually decent enough to hold quite a few DS Games and homebrew titles. (ironicly gameyob for the DS is a tad better than the native 3DS HBL version.)

Last edited by Dracari,
Reactions: the_randomizer

ratmandom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there was a desmume.cia that was around before twloader but I never got it working
anyone else get it working?

Nope just tried,

I have all these but the yu-gi-oh ds games on my r4i gold 3ds plus(32gb sandisk card)
*snip*

PS if they don't all want to download from Gdrive at once, read the read me in the archive.

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, if you go on wish, you can get an r4isdhc for mega cheap, like 2-5 bucks... Cmon man, that is what I have BTW. Only game it won't play is castlevania portrait of ruin...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dude, if you go on wish, you can get an r4isdhc for mega cheap, like 2-5 bucks... Cmon man, that is what I have BTW. Only game it won't play is castlevania portrait of ruin...
Don't use wish for anything, just don't.
nds-card.com is a trusted site that has a long history of selling legit flashcarts and also support the Temp.
Also the R4isdhc has a timebomb that will make the official kernel no longer usable after September of 2019. Basically neither wish nor that cart should be recommended when there's simply a better cart for a little more and from a better source, like the R4i Gold.

Reactions: ratmandom

ratmandom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't use wish for anything, just don't.
nds-card.com is a trusted site that has a long history of selling legit flashcarts and also support the Temp.
Also the R4isdhc has a timebomb that will make the official kernel no longer usable after September of 2019. Basically neither wish nor that cart should be recommended when there's simply a better cart for a little more and from a better source, like the R4i Gold.

true. do not buy fake!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc