Apple Best Cydia Tweaks

HackAllDevices

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres no rated order but thats where you come in, just give the tweaks a rating (0-5) and i will begin giving them some order.

Activator (Centralized gestures. button and shortcut management for iOS)
AirBlue Sharing (Bluetooth OBEX and WiFi(P2P supported) File Transfer, AirDrop for your iOS)
AndroidLock XT (android lock for you ios device)
Android Recent Apps (Show and launch recent apps like Android)
Barrel (adds a 3D cube effect to your springboard and you can customize the effects)
BossPaper (Wallpaper management for your springboard that uses very little processor or memory, when you launch an app the paper rotation stops until your app is closed. This prevents rotating backgrounds from affecting the performance of your app or game. If you want your wallpaper to change up on its own as often as you decide, check it out)
Dashboard x (widgets, you'll love this one)
DreamBoard (Advanced Theming Platform. Take control over springBoard)
FolderEnhancer (improves your folders, trust me you want this)
FolderLock (name speaks for itself)
gpSPhone (GBA Emulator/wiimote support)
Gridlock (move your icons where you drop them)
iFile (File manager and viewer running under user root. You can directly view files of various types e.g. movies, sound, text, HTML, Microsoft, PDF, and various compressed formats)
iProtect (lock your apps with a password)
Lockinfo (want reminders, calendar events, and other neat stuff on your lockscreen?)
SBSettings (Move important toggles into springboard)
Safari Download Manager (download from safari with older firmwares)
ScrollingBoard (Scrolling Dock and Folders. you can have a scrolling dock, unlimited icons on your dock and folders, addons on your dock like iPodControls, and Volume/Brightness sliders, scrollview effects and more)
Springtomize2 (does alot of what many of these tweaks do in one but there are some compatability issues, it dosnt work with some other tweaks i have installed which is why it wasnt on the list at first)
Unified Ipod for iOS 5 (combine music and video icon into a single app)
WinterBoard (Customize your iDevice with themes!)

BiteSMS
AnyAttach
BrowserChooser
DisplayOut
Maximization + dietbar
MyAssistant (For iphone 4s)
Pwntunes (i didnt add this because it game me problems and i had to re add my music >.< but i guess that was my stupidity lol)

BrowseInApp - allows you to open web links inside of apps without switching to Safari, some may dislike the prompt window always appearing when a link is tapped.
DataDeposit - installs app to Springboard which backs up app save data to your DropBox account.
DataMonitor - installs app to Springboard which shows you the amount of data you've used over 3G and WiFi. You can set your own reset periods and data caps. Also shows other various info about the device's hardware.
DisableNC Switch - stop Notification Center from opening in full-screen apps. Useful for games where a lot of swiping is done. (i didnt know about this one and i have that problem! lol thx Izan)
LiveClock - animates the Clock.app icon on Springboard. No other functionality, just aesthetics.
Monocle - allows you to set an Activator action that will force an app into "full-screen" mode, which removes all title bars and banners, giving more room for the content to fit in.(I had this one on an old iPod i cant believe i for got about it!)
Music2iPod - installs app to Springboard which allows you to import media files directly into your iPod library from your device.(Ive been using 'YoutubeToMP3' for this and it also allows youtube downloads obviously. well ill download it and check it out)
NoCoverFlow - disable cover flow in Music.app. Landscape orientation is made similar to Portrait orientation. Also, adds an upside-down orientation, which is identical to Portrait.(i love this one now)
PowerOptions - adds more options (Reboot, Respring, Clear Cache, About) to the power-off dialogue brought up by holding the Sleep button. Sliding bar is replaced by tappable buttons.
Swipeback - Swipe onto the screen from the edges to navigate apps with multiple pages. Example: in Settings.app, you can swipe onto the screen from the left to leave the Sounds page and go back to the main page.
WeatherIcon - displays the current Weather on the Weather.app icon on Springboard.
EMULATORS :D
n64ios (recently released n64 emulator, updated to work with ios 4 and 5. It works well on my ipod touch 3g ios 5.1.1)
gba.emu GameBoy Advance Emulator with native ipad (and of course ipod/iphone) support, wiimote+ classic controller+ iControlPad support and runs @fullspeed
nes.emu NES Emulator
md.emu Mega Drive/Genesis/Master System/Mark III emulator
gbc.emu GameBoy Color Emulator
ngp.emu Neogeo Pocket emulator
PCE.emu PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator
msx.emu MSX computer emulator
snes9x EX Super Famicom/SNES emulator (this one is free, so you can easy test it and check the GUI)

Bulletin (enables Notification Center on LockScreen, 5.0+) 4/5
f.lux (surprisingly easy to get used to, tints screen to warmer colors during the evening, good for the eyes) 3/5 for usefulness, 5/5 for implementation, as it does what it does perfectly
Forecast (weather shows on homescreen, replaces or sits alongside clock, not sure if compatible with iPad) 4/5
MultiStorey (increases the size of the switcher to two rows. Flawlessly compatible with SwitcherLand) 4/5
NCSettings (must-have, adds toggles to Notification Center for common tasks, i.e. 3G Toggle, Brightness Toggle, Airplane Mode Toggle, 5.0+) 3/5
NoNewsIsGoodNews (removes Newsstand from Springboard, 5.0+) 5/5
NoNoNotifications (removes "No New Notifications" from he bottom of Notification Center, 5.0+) 5/5
Software Update Killer (must-have, self-explanatory) 5/5
ResetAllKiller (makes dangerous options in Settings.app unselectable. Should be automatically installed on all jailbroken devices, but isn't. Go install it) 5/5
PasswordPilot (auto-fills your iTunes password into prompt box when asked, don't recommend if you use credit or debit cards for iTunes) 3/5
Plugication (music plays automatically on plugging in headphones) 3/5
Swipebright (slide finger across status bar to adjust brightness) 4/5
SwitcherLand (landscape App Switcher when in landscape orientation, redundant on iPad) 4/5

Zephyr (must-have, imo, adds a few stylistic and functional features) 5/5

If theres something you think should be added post it!

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Very good list.

I would remove Safari DownPlugin iOS 5 because Safari DOwnload Manager has been recently updated to work in iOS 5.

Also I would add Dashboard X, it is a very powerful tweak for widgets.

MajinChibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
n64ios? its a pain in the ass to play. (see my other thread about no updates and stuff)
gpSPhone? no native ipad support an just wiimote support (NO classic controller)

-gba.emu GameBoy Advance Emulator with native ipad (and of course ipod/iphone) support, wiimote+ classic controller+ iControlPad support and runs @fullspeed
-nes.emu NES Emulator
-md.emu Mega Drive/Genesis/Master System/Mark III emulator
-gbc.emu GameBoy Color Emulator
-ngp.emu Neogeo Pocket emulator
-PCE.emu PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator
-msx.emu MSX computer emulator
-snes9x EX Super Famicom/SNES emulator (this one is free, so you can easy test it and check the GUI)

All emulators got the same GUI, are nice to handle and have almost the same features (save states, wiimote+gc+icontrolpad support, Multiplayer, fast forward...)
Check them out and support the programmer (bigboss repo@cydia) :)
( https://twitter.com/rakashazi
http://www.explusalpha.com/
http://www.youtube.c...er/explusalpha0 )

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Bulletin (enables Notification Center on LockScreen, 5.0+) 4/5
-f.lux (surprisingly easy to get used to, tints screen to warmer colors during the evening, good for the eyes) 3/5 for usefulness, 5/5 for implementation, as it does what it does perfectly
-Forecast (weather shows on homescreen, replaces or sits alongside clock, not sure if compatible with iPad) 4/5
-MultiStorey (increases the size of the switcher to two rows. Flawlessly compatible with SwitcherLand) 4/5
-NCSettings (must-have, adds toggles to Notification Center for common tasks, i.e. 3G Toggle, Brightness Toggle, Airplane Mode Toggle, 5.0+) 3/5
-NoNewsIsGoodNews (removes Newsstand from Springboard, 5.0+) 5/5
-NoNoNotifications (removes "No New Notifications" from he bottom of Notification Center, 5.0+) 5/5
-Software Update Killer (must-have, self-explanatory) 5/5
-ResetAllKiller (makes dangerous options in Settings.app unselectable. Should be automatically installed on all jailbroken devices, but isn't. Go install it) 5/5
-PasswordPilot (auto-fills your iTunes password into prompt box when asked, don't recommend if you use credit or debit cards for iTunes) 3/5
-Plugication (music plays automatically on plugging in headphones) 3/5
-Swipebright (slide finger across status bar to adjust brightness) 4/5
-SwitcherLand (landscape App Switcher when in landscape orientation, redundant on iPad) 4/5

-Zephyr (must-have, imo, adds a few stylistic and functional features) 5/5

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I forgot about this thread. I've got a few new tweaks you all should check out.

BrowseInApp - allows you to open web links inside of apps without switching to Safari, some may dislike the prompt window always appearing when a link is tapped.
DataDeposit - installs app to Springboard which backs up app save data to your DropBox account.
DataMonitor - installs app to Springboard which shows you the amount of data you've used over 3G and WiFi. You can set your own reset periods and data caps. Also shows other various info about the device's hardware.
DisableNC Switch - stop Notification Center from opening in full-screen apps. Useful for games where a lot of swiping is done.
LiveClock - animates the Clock.app icon on Springboard. No other functionality, just aesthetics.
Monocle - allows you to set an Activator action that will force an app into "full-screen" mode, which removes all title bars and banners, giving more room for the content to fit in.
Music2iPod - installs app to Springboard which allows you to import media files directly into your iPod library from your device.
NoCoverFlow - disable cover flow in Music.app. Landscape orientation is made similar to Portrait orientation. Also, adds an upside-down orientation, which is identical to Portrait.
PowerOptions - adds more options (Reboot, Respring, Clear Cache, About) to the power-off dialogue brought up by holding the Sleep button. Sliding bar is replaced by tappable buttons.
Swipeback - Swipe onto the screen from the edges to navigate apps with multiple pages. Example: in Settings.app, you can swipe onto the screen from the left to leave the Sounds page and go back to the main page.
WeatherIcon - displays the current Weather on the Weather.app icon on Springboard.

All these tweaks are free (except BrowseInApp, which has a free Lite version), should be compatible with all iDevices, and are worth at least trying out. Some are only available on Ryan Petrich's private repo http://rpetri.ch/repo/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1