Hacking Best CFW for popsloader/PSX compatability

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
I currently have CFW 6.60 pro B10 fix, this CFW is incompatible with popsloader. I need to restore to a better CFW that can make use of popsloader, as my goal is to have maximum PSX affinity for my PSP original.

2 questions
1) How do I change CFW without pandora? Hellcats kept giving me an error message. My pandora will not do anything but blackscreen. I am not sure where to put the OFW for the pandora to recognise and use. ---Currently I have 6.60 ofw on a magic gate mem stick, the ofw is in PSP>GAME and it is a pbp file in the GAME folder. Pandora won't boot this ofw.

2) Which CFW should I use for maximum PSX compatability, preferrably a 6.60 cfw, so that I can use all the different pops I need a CFW that works 100% with pops.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I think I would still need the prx file (have it already, but not in link), and if using 6.60 I would have to recover everytime, since you can't perma-hack with pro CFW. I should have this CFW soon.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can perma with PRO... 6.60 has a CIPL flasher that works on any 1K and the earlier 2Ks (models you could perma-install older firmwares with), and the 6.20 version of PRO has a perma patch softmod you can do that works on any PSP model you can install 6.20 on... and you can downgrade a PSP to any version of OFW it's previously had (or higher).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello
I currently have CFW 6.60 pro B10 fix, this CFW is incompatible with popsloader. I need to restore to a better CFW that can make use of popsloader, as my goal is to have maximum PSX affinity for my PSP original.

2 questions
1) How do I change CFW without pandora? Hellcats kept giving me an error message. My pandora will not do anything but blackscreen. I am not sure where to put the OFW for the pandora to recognise and use. ---Currently I have 6.60 ofw on a magic gate mem stick, the ofw is in PSP>GAME and it is a pbp file in the GAME folder. Pandora won't boot this ofw.

2) Which CFW should I use for maximum PSX compatability, preferrably a 6.60 cfw, so that I can use all the different pops I need a CFW that works 100% with pops.

Keep in mind that depending on which PSP model you have there is a limit to how low pops can go unless they fixed that limitation recently. For example, on a PSP Go you can use any 6.xx pops but go below that and you get no sound.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^^ I have the original, I also plan on getting a refurbished original with a custom skin (anyone know where to look online?). I have 0% interest in non-hackable newer models (sony should realise that many people still want that functionality and are good customers, hackers often buy mulitple PSPs as well as understand the effort devs put into making great games; so I always pay for good new releases).

Thanks guys, That advice put me in the right direction. I finally got my pandora working, I got a buch of awesome psx games, but I am still working on my goal of Suikoden or Arc the Lad on PSP.

Popsloader has been a nightmare, I got all the prx files and it still didn't work. I cannot use it to load Arc the Lad, which apparently loads below CFW 3.52, so i will be able to do this soon also and I'll update with success.

Just a learning curve really.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^You are right, I didn't realise this. I have spent alot of money with sony and I don't appreciate being labelled a 'crim'. But you are right, it is sad that so many people openly steal from others who create something for our enjoyment.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^Agree 100% (poor choice of words), I suppose the devs could make the prices fairer, and people should support the devs at reasonable prices; though if they don't it is not stealing.

Still can't get popsloader working with any Pro cfw (B9/b10fix) so I am going to get dark alex m33-6 and use popsloader with that as all the rpgs I want will work under 5.00. If I get it working Ill post how I did it so that other rpg fans can save some of the time and effort. It has taken me ages to learn all this :), and it is hard to get m33-6 with it's popsloader anywhere.

I have actually done multiple installs of each, with mem card formats and all the good procedures with no luck (pandora), even when using the popsloader homebrew !!!, so I am over Pro cfw for now.

After that my final option is to try one of the unofficial popsloader v4 updates with a PRO cfw.

If I had of got-in earlier I bet I could have got an already hacked original psp with a custom skin. sigh.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using the hombrew for Pro b9 and b10 (said it was compatible with both). I also had another guys b9 popsloader files. Anyways dude, thanks for your help, I now have it working with dark alex's software and couldnt be happier.
kind regards
unseen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse