best 3ds flashcart for ds games?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ps2gamer02, Mar 17, 2011.

Mar 17, 2011
  1. ps2gamer02
    OP

Newcomer ps2gamer02 Newbie

United States
    whats the best ds card that's works on the 3ds to play regular ds games? i know they dont play 3ds games yet an thats ok. price aint an issue either.

2. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    There isn't one. DS ones that run on an update to date DSi run on the 3DS. The thing's not even out yet, you greedy people.

3. Harakiri23

Newcomer Harakiri23 Member

United States
    what are you saying? there are existing flashcarts that work fine with 3DS - the OP is just asking which is the best one if he is only interested in playing DS games on a 3DS

here are a two that work:

http://cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl
    http://www.m3adapter.com/Products.htm

personally im also not interested in that emu crap on the flashcarts, just that DS and DSI games work - i have a pandora which can run snes games full speed, gba, PSX, N64,sega etc, Amiga etc - i dont need another
    emu in my backpack =p

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The Supercard DSTWO or Cyclo iEvolution.

5. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    You can choose from anyone of the above flashcarts. I suggest the Supercard DSTWO or the Acekard 2i. Do note that the update to enable 3DS compatibility for the Acekard 2i hasn't been released, yet. The Acekard team has confirmed that it will work with a later update.

6. doodads

Newcomer doodads Member

United States
    Are you sure about that? I'm not questioning you as you definitely know more than me but I'm genuinely asking, did the Acekard team confirm that (assuming there is a 3DS mode hack) they will be able to update the current 2i card to make it work? I was always under the assumption it'd be all new cards. Was I wrong?

7. soulx

Canada
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVl0hmbAGU[/youtube]
    There is no need for new cards. Existing cards work fine on the 3DS with an update.

8. doodads

Newcomer doodads Member

United States
    Ohhhhhhh I misinterpreted what you were saying. I meant when 3DS mode is usable will it require a new card or will the currently working ones be update-able. I'm assuming the answer to that nobody knows and it's a wait and see thing.

9. soulx

Canada
    You're correct. Nobody knows whether 3DS-Mode will require a new flashcart to access or if it can be accessed using existing flashcarts. I'm yearning for the latter, though.

Consult my 3DS Hacking FAQ for any other questions you may have.

10. ps2gamer02
    OP

Newcomer ps2gamer02 Newbie

United States
    thanks for the info guys i think im gonna settle with the Supercard DSTWO.

11. sightlight

Member sightlight GBAtemp Fan

United States
    an US system booting up flashcards?
    doub it.

12. Harakiri23

United States

why? what makes these better than the rest? please dont state brands without reasoning

13. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    cyclo can be used in dsi mode (in a dsi or xl, not in 3ds currently) as well as ds mode (all ds/3ds)
    ds2 has a built in processor that enables it to do things not usually do-able in ds mode such as the gba emulator plugin for ds2

edit: ds2 also has some unique in-game options such as "Free-cheat" where you can manipulate memory in real-time on actual hardware as well as it supposedly emulating a retail cartridge in order to get best* rom support of all the cards

*claims made by sc team, not me

14. Harakiri23

United States

yeah DSI mode does not work in 3ds yet

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11064

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you'd look at the stickies on flash carts in general, those are some of the top ones... and they are the only ones of the top 3-4 that currently work on existing 3DS systems.

16. totalnoob617

Banned totalnoob617 Banned

United States
    hmm, i thought that all flash carts worked by emulating an actual retail ds cart?no?

and yes the dstwo is the best card,i have one and i love it

although its the only 1 i own
    ,but i did do alot of research,it also can play many videos in many different formats,like avi,mpg,flv,etc,although the first release of the video player has some bugs,im sure it will be updated at some point,you dont need to only use moonshell and convert everything to .dpg format,plus the emulators are great,the mame and gba are almost exclusive to dstwo

i guess the cyclo is ok if you care about dsi mode ,but like i hear here it wont work for dsi mode on 3ds
    i dont know what so great about dsi mode ,there is really no homebrew and almost no games for it

but as far as existing cards being able to be used on a 3ds ,if a 3ds hack materializes ,i would say that if it will be possible to use an existing card,your best bet is going to be with cards with flashable firmwares,like the dstwo

it already requires flashing a new fw to it to get it to work on 3ds in ds mode,a card without a flashable fw has no chance,

and who knows maybe team twiizers or some other team will come up with an exploit before the chinese flashcard manufacturers do ,then we might be able to softmod through the sd slot and not have to buy any flash card,
    im sure the first hacks will be messy solder in solutions ,but hopefully they will evolve into much cleaner and simpler methods in time, like most other exploits have,
    i just think we will see a chinese flashcard manufactrer come out with a solution first,there is just too much money to be made,
    and ninty makes its consoles in china,well i know the dslite is,not sure about the rest,but that opens them up to theft of their IP ,when you subb out building your console to the piracy and counterfeiting capital of the universe its almost inevitable someone will get their hands on your most secret IP and sell it on the black market,
    especially when their being exploiting for slave wages ,and they can sell such info for astronomical $$