Belated introductions

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

It's come to my attention that my post count is over 1000 now and I still haven't properly introduced myself. There must be things you don't know about me. So with that in mind, in honour of my 1000th post, I hereby formally introduce myself to the 'temp and tell pretty much all there is to tell, so that you know more about me and I have something to do until the postman shows up with my eBay deliveries. If you have a question I have neglected to answer, feel free to ask. Also, having been here for a while I'm well aware of the rules and the Angry Bear Cavalry so inb4Haflore+Catboy.
yay.gif

Name : Tom Dexter Wakeford. Don't ask about the middle name, someone must've been drunk.

Chosen Name : Blaze. My best friends all call me Blaze due to a misunderstanding. I was playing Ace Combat 5, Amelia assumed I'd chosen my callsign when it's just the character's name, she started calling me Blaze, it stuck. I actually prefer the name Blaze. It's a reminder of friendship and the eternal bond between Amelia and I. Whereas my true name reminds me of my family's weakness and general stupidity, I'm seriously considering legally changing my name. Disowning the family name in its entirity. On the odd occasion a second name is called for, I use Fielding. Cookie for those who get the reference. An edible cookie for anyone who gets it without googling it.

Age : At time of writing I am 22 years old. I turn 23 in August.

Date of Birth : August 18th, 1987.

Current Location : Coventy, the chav capital of England

Home Town : Theale, a small suburb of Reading, not far from London.

Relationship Status : Spoken for. The lovely Jesssica Branford. No kids yet, at least none that I'm aware of...
unsure.gif

Some interesting facts about me:

- I hate my family, with only two exceptions being my older sister Ceri and my brother Chris. Everyone else has in some way betrayed me over the years. Examples, my mother tried to disown me, my father left me to rot on a doorstep when I was 14, my brother Simon betrayed me by passing on classified info to people who should never have heard it, my aunt drives me up the fuckin' wall because she still thinks I'm 3, and everyone else has in some way pissed me off over the years.

- I have more battle scars than I care to mention, the worst of which are a scar across my chest from being stabbed rescuing Amelia from chavs trying to rape her, critical damage to my right eye due to a dinner plate thrown at my head by my mother, a scar that bears a striking resemblence to the Triforce on my left hand from another knife incident, and a scar across my right middle finger which I honestly cannot account for.

- My friend Mia claims my eyes have an 'unearthly glow' and that my 'aura' is far beyond that of any mortal. To be honest I think Mia spends a little too much time with her 'medicinal' herbs if you get my meaning...

- I pride myself on having a sense of honour and chivarly. Such things seem to be dying arts so I figured if I keep them going, there's at least some hope for humanity.

- I love cheese.

- I'm a writer. I'm presently working on countless game reviews, several novels, and just for shits and giggles my autobiography. I figure of Paris Hilton's entitles to write one when she's done nothing of interest and gets by on name alone, then I have the right to write as well.

- Asking me about politics or religion will inevitably cause a shitstorm. Truth be told I think the Gaia theory is the only one with any sort of basis in science, and even that's by the loosest possible definition of the term 'science' so I put no faith in any of it. I generally don't worry about such things, I figure that even if I did know how to control my destiny the world would only shoot me down anyway, so the best thing to do is just try to get by without worrying about things beyond my sphere of influence.

- I own, or have owned at some point, pretty much every games system ever created by mortal hands. I love the Final Fantasy games, up until 12 anyway, but I hate Halo 3 with an intensity comparable to that of the sun. Primarily because as I type, my little brother and his rather dense friend Ethan are building a scrap heap for no apparant reason. They'll happily sit there for a fortnight long Halo marathon and not fire a single shot the whole time.

- Favourite bands are Linkin Park, Black Stone Cherry, Within Temptation, etc. I like pretty much any music that involves some sort of talent, I hate all the manufactured oversexualized shite that comprises the charts of today, especially 'Rude Boy' by Rihanna. There's no skill, no subtlety, no way of breaking it down on an intellectual level, it's just a theme tune for chav whores with more kids than brain cells. It symbolizes everything I detest about modern society.

- I tend to complain a lot because I genuinely have had a pretty rough life. However, I've survived it so far so I normally remain pretty faithful that life will throw me a bone in the end. So I keep on keepin' on and don't let the bastards grind me down. I just need to vent every now and then to stop me from losing my temper. It's not wise for someone with a 22 year grudge and a katana to lose his temper...

- One person in my past is considered the benchmark by which I measure all of humanity. She set the bar pretty high, so most of Coventry doesn't measure up. By the rules of my social strata I have to repay her for all she has done for me at some point, but she seems to have vanished off the face of the Earth so that plan is on hold right now.

- Despite knowing a veritable armada of gorgeous girls aged between 18 and 24, I've only actually had a few girlfriends in my time, even fewer of which have been serious. The simple fact is that I stay out of relationships. I don't think it's fair to get involved with a girl unless you can treat her the way she deserves. If she's special enough for me to pick out of over 6 billion life forms, then she must deserve some sort of special treatment. But being unemployed means I cannot take a girl out for dinner, send her flowers, etc. I'd feel like little more than an irritation. Thankfully with Jess she understands my plight as she's also unemployed at time of writing, so she gets that we can't go out that often. Plus she's so gorgeous I simply can't let her escape so I decided to do away with the previous logic and make it up as I'm going along.

So that's me. Feel free to ask any questions I've failed to answer. I could use a distraction as the postman has just arrived...without my deliveries. Git.
angry.gif
angry.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn't know that much 'bout ya, 'cept for Jess and your triforce scar. And that your dad left you in front of a door at your 14th.

Blaze163 said:
Relationship Status : Spoken for. The lovely Jesssica Branford. No kids yet, at least none that I'm aware of...
unsure.gif
Hmmm... wouldn't she tell ya if she knew?

Seems like a lot of male 'Tempers have chicks lately or questions regarding them lately...

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Blaze163 said:
unsure.gif

I meant from previous escapades. There are a few blank patches in my memory, usually around the time of large parties. No idea what happened.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blaze163 said:
Berthenk said:
Blaze163 said:
unsure.gif

I meant from previous escapades. There are a few blank patches in my memory, usually around the time of large parties. No idea what happened.
So, you're saying you've been 'busy' at times?
smileipb2.png

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was killing time until the postman got here to once again fail to deliver Final Fantasy 8 at any reasonable pace. Trouble is he took so damn long I had to keep writing to keep myself sane.

Ah yes, now that I think on it, I forgot to mention. The 163 in my name isn't accidental or simply whatever number was left over, it's the number of my old Air Cadet squadron, the 163 Coventy Phoenix Squadron. In which I was a cadet first class. Hence why Amelia gave me a Soldier First Class dog tag from Final Fantasy 7 thinking it was funny.

And for one last point, I am thoroughly fucked off right now as the postman has yet again failed to deliver, I have two small children (my little brother and his dumbest friend) getting on my nerves, and the Zero Punctuation website keeps crashing so I can't even drown out the noise. Thankfully I have emergency backup plans, IE: the movies I keep on my DS thus allowing me to use headphones to drown out the girly screams as they play Nazi Zombies very badly.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No more dangerous than the world at large. Besides, all this stuff is fairly common knowledge to anyone who knows me so it's not really likely to cause any trouble. No more than being on a site that's quite blatantly crewed almost entirely by pirates, surely?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Pi said:
Blaze163 said:
The Pi said:
I have enough info to track you down and kill you.
I may just do that
evil.gif

Evidently you missed the part where I mentioned my katana.
ph34r.gif
Katana's can be stolen and used against their owners.
ph34r.gif

Not when the owner has been practising with it for nearly a decade. I'm pretty good with it at this point. Besides, katanas generally have a longer reach than the opponent's hands. If you're allowing the enemy to get in close and steal your primary weapon, you deserve to get your arse sliced into wafers.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
The Pi said:
Blaze163 said:
The Pi said:
I have enough info to track you down and kill you.
I may just do that
evil.gif

Evidently you missed the part where I mentioned my katana.
ph34r.gif
Katana's can be stolen and used against their owners.
ph34r.gif

Not when the owner has been practising with it for nearly a decade. I'm pretty good with it at this point. Besides, katanas generally have a longer reach than the opponent's hands. If you're allowing the enemy to get in close and steal your primary weapon, you deserve to get your arse sliced into wafers.
Exactly
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1