Being very overweight.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I don't like walks, because I get lost very easily.

?

well cant you just do walks about the same block like a few times.

I pretty much walk the same path every time. its like a circle.

Last edited by Flame,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I also need a wall by my side, because I'm agoraphobic. I used to get real nervous going to see a doctor, since I am at home so often.

Reactions: Flame

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I follow the same easy route every day basically

It's a 4 mile walk and I have done it god knows how many times - very simple with no turns or anything

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing i found that helps weight loss is simply eating less. :) then, when my doctor told me I was underweight, I ate a lot of food and gained about 25 pounds (about 11 kilos)

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one thing i found that helps weight loss is simply eating less. :) then, when my doctor told me I was underweight, I ate a lot of food and gained about 25 pounds (about 11 kilos)
Yeah this is how I was skinny while playing video games all day - I would absentmindedly skip meals

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on many factors I heard when people get married their spouses let themselves go (gain weight) it has more to do with are you willing to stay fit and etc..etc.. it is all about maintaining your body.

There are gym memberships evreywhere if someone really want to be healthy and stay fit it is easy to do so.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on many factors I heard when people get married their spouses let themselves go (gain weight) it has more to do with are you willing to stay fit and etc..etc.. it is all about maintaining your body.

There are gym memberships evreywhere if someone really want to be healthy and stay fit it is easy to do so.
Some months I work 70+ hours/week - so I wouldn't really agree everyone can find time to exercise at a gym

But I think everyone can diet

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some months I work 70+ hours/week - so I wouldn't really agree everyone can find time to exercise at a gym

But I think everyone can diet

I stopped going to the gym maybe 4 months ago... I already got the results I wanted but dealing with court and work it's kinda hard for me to go... I tried to go this week but I just didn't go. I never "dieted" but my doctor said i'm in good shape/health. Strange thing I gained like 30 pounts in 6 months but I losted 30 pounds in 6 months also dealing with court would do that to you. So happy 90% would be over this month

Reactions: x65943

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Flame , I got back from seeing the pool. it's not what I expected. it's very small (not large enough to do laps in), it's on a first come, first serve basis (only 4 at a time), you have to do it with a class (doesn't meet every day), the center costs money (not much at $20/month), but there's no transportation (can get lift to take you, but it's $7 per visit). I'd have to go quite often for it to be of any real benefit, and I don't have the money for that (only get $529/month with ssi, and over $200 is spent on expenses each month like my phone bill or how much I give my mom). I haven't given my mom much this month as of yet (still waiting on my original, scalped skyward sword joycons refund of $128) before I feel comfortable spending lots of money. I guess I may have to accept that I'm big.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
@Flame , I got back from seeing the pool. it's not what I expected. it's very small (not large enough to do laps in), it's on a first come, first serve basis (only 4 at a time), you have to do it with a class (doesn't meet every day), the center costs money (not much at $20/month), but there's no transportation (can get lift to take you, but it's $7 per visit). I'd have to go quite often for it to be of any real benefit, and I don't have the money for that (only get $529/month with ssi, and over $200 is spent on expenses each month like my phone bill or how much I give my mom). I haven't given my mom much this month as of yet (still waiting on my original, scalped skyward sword joycons refund of $128) before I feel comfortable spending lots of money. I guess I may have to accept that I'm big.

sorry bro. but what do you mean "have to accept that I'm big"?

ive seen you help people from how to turn on a console to how to hack they console on here.

my advice would be to start small walks and work your daily to longer walks.

edit:

its not like you dont know how to learn or how to teach.

Last edited by Flame,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have a friend who is mildly agoraphobic and she started loosing weight going for night walks with a friend, wasn't ever very big walks and she would only go in the evening when there wasn't many people around and they found a route they could take where they wouldn't really bump into people so much, combine that with improving you're diet and you're on your way, she has even said the walks have been beneficial for combating her agoraphobia, still not great but not getting worse, the more you put off and avoid going out the more you build up the fear of being out so that needs to be tackled too probably just as much as the weight, they are probably tied to each other in some way so its good to try tackle them together and compound the positive reinforcements from managing longer walks and loosing a bit of weight. don't fall for the mental pull cord emergency escape of "oh well it just can't be done" it can, you just haven't found the solution for you yet,

Last edited by gamesquest1,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snacking is my downfall. i eat dinner, but a couple of hours later, im digging in the pantry. when im home, its worse, because im never full. im trying to run more and ive been riding my bike to work. i figure if nothing else, thatll keep me out of the pantry. FUCK YOU, CHIPS!

Reactions: Chary

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
godreborn do you do walks? here in UK it like rains 80% of the time so its not always ideal to do walks all the time. when i can i do, do it.

Anyway becuase of covid, the gym which i used is either closed 50% of the time or has rules which are long and boring to follow. hopefully ill join september and get really active again.

walks are fun. but walks dont cut it for me.
You told me you was Canadian :angry:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Relatable. But fortunately I've gone with dozens of girls near my area (back in middle/highschool) so I know my surroundings quite well.
Used to walk my way back home from highschool everyday for 3 years since I don't fit in busses (not even standing) so it meant 7K walk in less than 40 minutes.
When I get lost, I rely in my memory, I like to observe my surroundings, colors, shapes, signs, etc. So I'm like, searching for things I saw before I got lost and back track my steps back to a known place.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why won't you walk your way to the pool? Is it like, really far?
I dunno, just saying, I'm used to walk long distances.
Just suggesting that you could spend 7 on your way to the pool, and 0 walking back home. It's just added exercise... in the end will bene-fit you.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sometimes it's so hard to force myself go to the gym, but I remember that the quality of my life depends on daily activities.
If you can make a habit of going the resistance to going becomes a lot less. I started going to my local bouldering gym 2-3 days a week about a year ago and while at first I had to push myself to go so often I've now really started looking forward to going every time :)

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
There is no "reason" to gain weight. Genetics play a role in how much well the body stores surplus calories (which has actually been an evolutionary advantage for 99,9% of our history and will be again in times of war or economic collapse) but overall it is simply about calorie defecit and surplus. EVERYONE gets fat at a surplus and loses weight at a deficit.

BTW there was an African-American woman on a show who claimed she cannot lose weight because of the stress racism causes. :rofl2: (the other overweight women were nodding)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1