Hacking Being a big baby about DSiWare downgrade (Help about Exidia, Emunand/Rednand)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey!

I'm trying to test so I got the exploit working, and I sort of have.
Let me just show you the steps I took.

I also feel it might be a good thread to post now since people like myself manage to snag a 3DS on Black Friday.

O3DS is running A9HL Luma3DS 6.6 Daily.

1) I bought the game (Exidia) on my Rednand on my O3DS.
2) I tried to run it on my Rednand, a big error message about something being wrong. As I recalled from before, you have to install the same title on the SysNAND.
3) I installed it on my Sysnand (Firmware 9.2) via the Injected FBI and a CIA I got from CIAngel.
4) I can get the game to work on both Sysnand and Rednand. But it seem to be the same savefile the game read, and it seem to read from the Sysnand.
5) I try to follow the step in the downgrade guide, yet unsuccessful to crash it on my Rednand.
6) I do the same steps on my Sysnand and the exploit (crash) works.
7) I try to run the game from my Rednand now, and it works with the exploit, but as I said, it seem to read from the Sysnand.

So, am I safe to transfer it over? Even if I'm unsure if the TWL NAND thing worked on the Rednand? I do trust the guide and I read a message about it in a github report. But I'm the type of person that rather ask first and shoot after.

Last edited by linuxares,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey!

I'm trying to test so I got the exploit working, and I sort of have.
Let me just show you the steps I took.

I also feel it might be a good thread to post now since people like myself manage to snag a 3DS on Black Friday.

1) I bought the game (Exidia) on my Rednand on my O3DS.
2) I tried to run it on my Rednand, a big error message about something being wrong. As I recalled from before, you have to install the same title on the SysNAND.
3) I installed it on my Sysnand (Firmware 9.2) via the Injected FBI and a CIA I got from CIAngel.
4) I can get the game to work on both Sysnand and Rednand. But it seem to be the same savefile the game read, and it seem to read from the Sysnand.
5) I try to follow the step in the downgrade guide, yet unsuccessful to crash it on my Rednand.
6) I do the same steps on my Sysnand and the exploit (crash) works.
7) I try to run the game from my Rednand now, and it works with the exploit, but as I said, it seem to read from the Sysnand.

So, am I safe to transfer it over? Even if I'm unsure if the TWL NAND thing worked on the Rednand? I do trust the guide and I read a message about it in a github report. But I'm the type of person that rather ask first and shoot after.
What is your rednand & sysnand version?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I actually use A9HL with Luma 6.6 daily for my Rednand on my O3DS. But I'm still just wanna make sure I done correctly with the TWL NAND. My steps are all written above. Going to clairify in OP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn