Hacking Beginner's Bad Luck: Wii USB Data

l0cust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It happens. And they may indeed be findable on the internet. Once you found the files, you just put them in the ModMii temporary folder, and it will recognize them, assuming they are the expected versions. Which are the files?

Thank you for your continued support. Luckily only one of the files are missing from my attempted download today: "FAT32 GUI Formatter." Let the search begin!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

l0cust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OKAY. So this soft-modding was supposed to be easy, right? Right...? Well, not really, because here I am posting again in this little thread. Either there is something seriously wrong with my Wii, or there's something seriously wrong with me. Between you and me I hope that it's the former of the two. Anyways, here's a quick update.

After formatting my Wii and re-downloading the SD and USB files I've turned on my Wii for another kick at the cat. The problem that's presenting itself now is that there are no detectable files on the SD File Menu. Huh...does anybody have a clue what's going on here?

I'm so sorry to exhaust your patience like this. It's becoming more and more clear that I might be in over my head here, lol...:wacko:

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem that's presenting itself now is that there are no detectable files on the SD File Menu. Huh...does anybody have a clue what's going on here?
Are You using SD or SDHC card?
Did you make partition table on card?
FAT16/32 or NTFS?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Format your sd card with panasonic sd formatter easily found by using google. Run modmii and point the installation to your sd card or just drag all the files over once they've been installed on your c drive. Follow the modmii guide that was downloaded as part of your modmii installation/file download exactly to the letter, in that specific order. Make sure you know exactly which firmware version your Wii is on before starting the modmii application and make sure you enter your mac address correctly. Once all of that stuff is done and you make sure you transferred it to your sd card, place the sd card back in the wii and navigate to the message board (envelope) and try going back a few days until you see an envelope with a bomb on it (it may be hidden behind other messages so you can drag messages around by holding both a and b at the same time. Once you find the letter bomb click on it and it will start the process of getting you to installing the homebrew channel. Note that it may sit at the warning screen for a bit before it allows you to move forward, if it sits for longer than a few minutes just turn off the system by holding down the power button then trying the process over again.

If modmii still states it has missing or invalid files it may be dropping connection while downloading or it may be a server problem and just try again a few times. If it continues to say it after a few tries just wait a while and come back to it later, server issues may be cleared up by then.

Reactions: l0cust

l0cust

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Format your sd card with panasonic sd formatter easily found by using google. Run modmii and point the installation ...
Thank you! After reading your post, I feel pretty secure about this ordeal. If anything else goes wrong, I'll know that the problem is defintely me. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...