Beginner questions.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by digidude13, Jan 11, 2017.

1. digidude13
    OP

digidude13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2011
    United States
    Hello, I recently installed the homebrew launcher on my 3ds and I have a few questions I couldn't find answers on.

My setup: New 3ds, Firmware 11.2.0-35u, Homebrew launcher through Soundhax.

My first question is why some apps don't show up properly on the launcher. An example is Gameyob GBC emulator. It doesn't have a .3dsx file in it anywhere. I see things like build it using devkitpro but I have no idea what that means. There's other apps that are similar to this.

My second question is are there any ways to get custom firmware without a hardmod on this firmware? I'd like to install freeshop but a hard mod is out of the question for me because I have the black friday 3ds and I don't want to risk bricking it.

My last question is simply are there any things I should do now that I have homebrew launcher? Any essentials that I don't know about that will help me future proof etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    To answer question #2: Follow the CFW guide here and NEVER FOLLOW VIDEO GUIDES.

BL4Z3D247 and slaphappygamer like this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There is a .3dsx of GameYob in the zip download here: https://github.com/Steveice10/GameYob/releases

4. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    As KunoichiZ said install A9LH and CFW first since Emulators are somehow useless with Custom VC since it runs better

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

5. TherealDarknes

TherealDarknes GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Custom VC whats this i haven't ever heard of that one

6. Zekamon

Zekamon Now with extra salt!

Sep 16, 2016
    Germany
    It's Custom Virtual Console. So basically it's a ROM that you inject in an Virtual Console game.

7. TherealDarknes

TherealDarknes GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    oh i have one game like that i found 7 grand dad in the fbi menu and installed it so where do you go to custom install a virtual console game anyways?