Status
Not open for further replies.

PhyChris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see a LOT of people giving bad advice to others about updating their wiiu console firmware, so I'm going to give you some advice on the subject from my years of experience in the modding scenes.

rule one:stay on the lowest software/hardware version you can.

rule two: Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

rule three: Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

rule fore: Don't listen to people who tell you its fine to update until there is PROOF! (these are usually people who are upset they updated and/or vary naive and no amount of wishful thinking is going to help.)

now there WILL be a lot of people under this post that are going to say 'well there is a 5.0+ exploit .wa.wa..wa...wa' what they mean is there are still known bugs in the webkit version on the wiiu, THIS DOSE NOT MEAN EXPLOIT, just bugs that COULD be used for an exploit and so far no one has anything running on 5.0+

so remember never hold your breath for internet promises. AND Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

PhyChris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why close this thread? I am trying to help people who want to eventually run homebrew on their wiiu. Now I cant tell you the future but I can tell you the past and the past tells us that updating to a firmware that has NO PROOF OF ANY EXPLOIT RUNNING ON IT IS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA. if you dont like the advice don't take it just sit back and wait.... I here fail0verflow has an exploit lol

edit: @ Bladexdsl don't come in my threads post somthing stupid and then edit it after i make you look like an ass please.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1st off you have no clue what your talking about the devs who are making the exploit are on this site and have tested and still have the browser exploit running on 5.x. if you'd actually been following them instead of just crawling out of your mums basement and spouting bs you would know this!
2nd it's true there is no working exploit YET but their working on one it might take months, it might take years but there will be one.
3rd. even if the exploit does get blocked the wiikey-u will be out soon and that can't be blocked so there will always be a way to play backups in some way.

when the devs say it's not safe to update than only than will it not be safe. and we'll believe them not some newb. i do have to thank you though i'm going to just sit back and watch now and get a good laugh out of this thread. :P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
now there WILL be a lot of people under this post that are going to say 'well there is a 5.0+ exploit .wa.wa..wa...wa' what they mean is there are still known bugs in the webkit version on the wiiu, THIS DOSE NOT MEAN EXPLOIT, just bugs that COULD be used for an exploit and so far no one has anything running on 5.0+

Congratulations on repeating the sticky post on the subject. Is there anything you can contribute on the topic of wiiu hacking that won't distribute to paranoia? While we have the occasional bandwagon of "look! someone knows how to hack the wiiu"-outbursts, these barely last a day and are greeted with skepticism. Technically correct answers are usually given pretty soon. I thank you to rely on that in the future, rather than assuming that the shared knowledge on this forum consists solely of ignorant dolts*?

*that's only like 70% of this forum.

D

Deleted User

I agree with rule "fore" if the person saying it is a nobody.

jamsplodge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updating to a firmware that has NO PROOF OF ANY EXPLOIT RUNNING ON IT IS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA.

What about the PSP where almost every single firmware that was released was hacked at some point. Yeah there was a blip towards the end there but once the PSP keys were obtained from the PS3 it was game over really. So the point here is updating the PSP firmware was never the end of the world.

PhyChris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ever here of TA-82... took years and a HUGE ebay deal to get that system hacked.
the ps3 took over a year before someone figured out how to hack OFW 3.55+ and you know what they did? downgrade to a LOWER FIRMWARE

edit: (TA-82 = a PSP mobo version)

edit2: and dont get me started on the 3DS lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: